Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jimbob

Juggernaught

I have an idea... I hope entropy and the gang go for it cos its really cool.

All the details arent necessary and some of them can come later to make it cooler, etc. but ill get to the point

Basically i was fighting trop wearing his admin cape the other day and considering stealing it. But i got to the idea of these items there are only 1 of. So i thought what if there was one item everyone had wars over. I was thinking a sword like excalibur would be cool

The details I and my fellow TM's came up with were this:

NECESSARY:

1. It couldnt be deposited and you need to be lvl 50 attck/com/def to even carry it

2. So no mules would be able to carry it. (like admin cape)

These next 3 can be chosen between

3. If it was in a bag and couldnt be picked up (maybe cos of requirement or cos a monster killed em) it would need to reappear. maybe on a cyc or something.

4. Or perhaps it cant be dropped except in kill? SO anyone can pick it up but it can be traded to other lvl 50s.

5. the one who slays the owner atomatically gets it. This doesnt work too well for monsters but it could be not lost to monsters. i prefer the other 2

6. The sword needs to be uber powerful. it needs to be hard to get back once lost. Like, as i called it Juggernaught (like in 1st person shooters). some good ways were suggested for this. extra dmg is obvious and plain. But things like it being double bladed so you can fight 2 ppl in 1 hit. Or anything you like really :cry:

OTHER IDEAS:

7. The sword could have a new pic, OR you could use the current tit long and make it red (you need something to identify it)

8. like excalibur - made arthur king. so whoever has it is king of el and as such wears a crown to identify the wearer/carrier of the sword

The idea is that youd either always loose a good fighter in the pk's. or youd risk giving it to your enemies. Perhaps no trading it at all would be an idea too so you cant hand it to your lowest guild member that fits the profile.

Anyway, there would be great wars for this item and i thought itd be a great feature

When I was first reading this post... I thought you were going to talk about a giant...ie: a jugernaught. I like the idea of an Excalibur type sword... now how about needing this sword to be able to take on a Jugernaught? Some larger than life monster...in a pk map... that takes MULTIPLE high level characters (ie: Bring your guild along) to kill. If you kill it...you get to inhabit his keep...that has special manufacturing powers...or in some way gives you an eaiser way to get rewards. The giant will come back to life after awhile....so use the CASTLE while you can...then get out quick! You have to go find EXCALIBUR again...or return the sword to the lady of the lake...etc...etc...etc...maybe this giant would take multiple guilds to defeat? The Clan wars? (sorry Mr.Lucas...bad joke)

Well obviously a cool sword would make it easier to kill big arsed monsters. but to NEED it to kill stuff would exclude people from parts of the game. and that would be bad.

Yeah, i should have named the thread something other than the name for it in 1st person shooters - but oh well

Doesnt need to be called excalibur. i just used that as an idea

1. It couldnt be deposited and you need to be lvl 50 attck/com/def to even carry it

whats the point of everybody fighting over it if only a few people can actually have it (after the new system is put in, there wont be so many players with high fighting skills)

and i think even noobs should be able to get it.. just like the sword in the stone.. or the lord of the rings... the whole world wants it, but the least likely person gets it

You would have to make it so on any map he can be attacked and so that it brodcasts its location every hour so someone wont hid with it and that after a week ofline with no reason u lose it mabe it could make u jump round map since if a noob gets it he gonna need to run but I love the idea

it cant be made so that newbs can get it. it needs a high level to carry so that people dont just mule it and horde it. jimbob mentioned the admin capes because everyone who has one mules it since it cant be stored, although next got trpoicano's first (great work btw next) but thats not important. if the sword needs lvl 50 to be carried people wont be able to just mule/horde it away and besides its a weapon designed to be fought over, i rarely see newbs in KF, the people i see are the fighters who have over 50 fighting skills anyway so it makes sence that the weapon should be for pk'ers. i think the untradeable idea is good too, that way you cant just give it to a guild member while you go pk. and with multiple combat the awesome power that the sword imbues its wearer with wont make him/her invincible, although will make him/her very challenging even when three people of equal level fight him/her. it would make pk even more fun :cry:

and the idea of identifying whoever has it on the map is kind of similar to my crown idea. if you can see the sword when they are wearing it, itd be nice to see if it is only in their inventory too. But a crown may/may not be the solution. ill let you come up with something cool for that. or nothing to start since it is just eye candy

I was actually hoping for some kind of feedback on this eventually. If it can be done but not worth the effort or if it simply cannot be done. Or if entropy loves the idea as much as everyone ive mentioned it too, in which case i wont bug him and let him implement it :)

i was going to put a poll on general chat (it may be noticed more there). This thread was more for perfection/confirmation before i get the numbers on how many people think its cool

Open suggestions ruined this game..

"Lets copy ruenscape"

"Lets make a single unique sword"

I mean maybe is there were several unique swords that had special abilities added to them, but only one is stupid. What if the person with it quits...WTF!

If you hadnt noticed, i was copying 1st person shooter games. ive never played runescape but the spammer made a good point. what if the owner stops playing... if the player is deleted thats easy to deal with but i dont know about being inactive.

i guess this is where it would be helpful to have ent posting here cos i dont know if he currently has a way of finding out how long a person is inactive on the server. if there is, if the person is inactive 3 days then it goes to a cyclops or one of those other ways i mentioned when it disappears. or it deletes and sends a msg to ent to put another ingame or something. i dont know. what am i - entropy?

The idea of having a few could work. especially since that player isnt online. but it stops it being as cool

mabie this cool item can only exist in a pk map if you try to leave with it its returns to this aulter and is free for any one to take .... if i rember the excalibur was stuck in a stone and all the lvl50's in Eternal lands could not remove it it took a weak young boy with the heart of a king or somein to get it out ..mabie thats some other story :P

so now ya have this item and it cant be taken from the map, people can fight for it fight over and its aulter use it to turn the tides of war eh?

was kinda thinkin somein else out that, mabie magic aulters round the place in caves, have to take a long walk to get to this aulter once there mabie you do some trick or quest each time (i dont know :P) and then you get a magic "Pick Axe" from the other relm "ooow" it looks transparent and only lasts for a short time so many game hours or somein befor its goes back to the aulter

neways any item we can fight over would be cool just have to come up with a way that it can changes hands

PS: i think Entropy n Roja need crowns :P & magic glowing effects and all people auto sit when thay walk past hehe

rofl at autositting

good ideas hemp. the not being able to leave the field is a great idea. that would solve a lot of problems

mabie this cool item can only exist in a pk map if you try to leave with it its returns to this aulter and is free for any one to take ....

I like this idea...similar to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...when the cup of christ gave you eternal youth...but it can't be brought past the seal of the exit....you leave the PK map...the sword returns to the lady of the lake. While you're wearing the sword...you have a crown. If you log off... the sword returns to the lady of the lake. While wearing the sword... you take minimal damage..and inflick max damage. And only honorable players may wield Excalibur! You attack a person naked...and excallibur returns to the lake.

the honorable players thing would be really hard to program. but yeah, an NPC to give out the weapon if its lost could work too. A lady of the lake maybe.

I just want it to be in the game, dont care about the little details that ent comes up with. But as we've seen in the past, ent's imagination can be a wonderful or a dangerous thing

the honorable players thing would be really hard to program. but yeah, an NPC to give out the weapon if its lost could work too. A lady of the lake maybe.

I just want it to be in the game, dont care about the little details that ent comes up with. But as we've seen in the past, ent's imagination can be a wonderful or a dangerous thing

Ok...as far as honor....

Have a karma score.... EVIL -100 ..... 0 ...... +100 GOOD

You cannot use excallibur unless you have a POSITIVE Karma score

Using Excalibur against a naked player = auto -100 karma

Helping Newbies complete a quest....+5 karma ... giving to church (10plats) +5 karma

Trop, if i wanted to steal it.. it would be in my possession by now. you were really tired and told omni and me to attack. You got lucky and got away, and i may have given it back to you anyway... maybe... eventually :twisted: . but yeah.. just cos i want it doesnt mean i would be so slack as to steal it from you - who do you take me for.. Next?. id only take it if you lost it to me in a legit fight, like that one was (till omni tried to take you solo and died :x )

but yeah... the karma system. i meant it would be too hard to tell if a player kills someone without gear or not. not the idea of karma in general. if you made it general pking that would suck cos we pk each other for fun.

And it would be too hard to tell if you helped a noob do a quest or not.

Im not saying either is impossible. nothing is impossible, but it requires way too much work for very little result

Karma...

if a= unarmed and B= armed...then b=karma-100

if a=armed and B=unarmed... then a=karma -100

if a and b=armed then skip

if a and b=unarmed then skip

that would take care of karma system....not too tuff...

and for Excalibur....

if a=ka (king arthur) and b=unarmed then a=karma -100 and return sword

I just like the idea that you have to live up to a code to weild it.

Im not saying the code for calculating karma. thats easy. im talking about code for amoured/unarmoured. Besides, most the high lvl chars can easily pk unarmed. just not other high lvls

Guest ocle

Basically, we need some unique items that need to be circulated. They might as well not exist if its not possible for them to circulate. I believe these ideas stem from the lack of motivation to have battles and wars.

There is currently no reason for guilds to fight. We might as well all be allies.

I believe this lack of motivation to PK is being worked on. Is it? Can I get a yesim from the boss?

Yeah, entropy's thoughts would be nice. Or someone else that is helping out with the new system/p2p/whatever.

Basically, we need some unique items that need to be circulated. They might as well not exist if its not possible for them to circulate......

How? How do you make an item circulate? I mena, if I had a UBER sword, one of a kind, i would rather keep it than let other guilds fight CO for it.

You'd give up pk'ing and trainging in pk fields trop? altogether? i think not