Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenod

Couple of Ideas

Hi all. This is my first time posting, although hopefully some of you have seen me around, and know I'm not a *total* noob. lol

I read the sticky about old and new ideas, and thought I would add some of my own. I apologize if any of these ideas have been mentioned before, but I'm rather new to the forums.

And I also realize the new version is coming out pretty soon, so even if the programmers liked these ideas and wanted to implement them, it probably wouldn't be accomplished in time for the new release...but maybe in a future patch. Maybe just me rambling...

Idea 1. In the new version I'm assuming there still will be a top out level of 120 on the skills. I've been thinking (to help promote increased leveling of skills) to have a "master ability" for people who achieve level 120. For instance, someone in another thread mentioned a spell called meteor rain; sounds intensely god-like....but maybe such could be achieved through the reading of certain rare books and achieving level 120. Same for pots, manu, alch...etc. Attack 120 can have a bezerker that drains all food level....etc...

Idea 2. A universal market menu (menu icon). I know the new economy setups for the new version to help control prices...but I've also been thinking of having a menu that you can bring up that lists all available items that can be purchased (applicable only player to player transactions). In this menu, you can select up to 3 items per game hour. And you would be able to select what you would like the price of that certain item to be. The database would then average all prices from all players and display an "average asking price" for each item, in it's own window. I know this would require a bit of programming, and it is easier to just keep it a free economy....And it still would be a free economy, but with a reference base for prices created by the people, for the people. lol :D Anyways, just an idea.

I think.....yes....Yes I am done. :o

Your ideas are original, i'll give you that. I suppose you could add a "master" ability, but it seems kinda unnecessary. If you can reach lvl 120, you'll pwn even without an uber ability. And if you do manage to reach level 120, i'd say just talk to ent. Since the exp to level is in a formula, ent can make the max level 20 million in just a few keystrokes. On a side note, my only hobbies are TV and video games, but if anyone ever reaches lvl 120, i reserve the right to say they have no life.

As for your other suggestion, i'm no programmer, but i wouldn't even know how to set it up, much less code it. Not a bad idea, but i don't think it would be useful enough to be worth the effort it would take to code it.

Personally i would like to just have it where you would type #buy or #sell [item], then it would add your name to a list. Then, if someone types #find [item], it would bring up a list of people selling it. Then you can meet up, trade, and then type #x_buy or #x_sell [item] to remove your name from the list.

That would be a simpler way of doing that, although even that would be hard to code.

Your market idea is good too.

And you are right, if anyone got 120 in att/def/combat then they WOULD own ppl. But if they make it easier to level up, then maybe it wouldn't take so long to get there. And if the easier it is, then the more likely that a good deal of people can reach that level. (They did say they were re-doing the formulas, didn't they? I believe I read that somewhere). But unless the 120 is in the att/def/comb then it wouldn't mean automatic owning; if you reach top level in potion, then the master potion could be something like super-feast (just making something up), where your food level doesn't go down for an entire hour no matter what. So in that example 120 potion wouldn't mean owning...just a great potion for someone who has worked hard in that skill.

:P