Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LEXIC

Change the System for....

.....manufacturing, potion making, alchemy, and magic. What I do not understand is, there is a requirement level on making things such as gear, potions, bars, spells, etc, and you take your time to level to those requirements and STILL be failing to make those things, or failing to cast spells, which is completely useless, but very annoying. The failing component of this is useless because all it makes us do is keep hitting our mouse button till it is successful. What the system should look like is:

A small example:

Make it so that any level can manufacture an iron sword even if you are level 0 and the sword requires level 21 manufacturing. But the thing is, if you are level 0 and the sword needs level 21, you have lets say a 3% chance to successfully manufacture the sword. So you are level 0 and want to try to make this sword, you go buy the items required to make it, and you hit the button to make the sword, 2 things can happen: 1) you get really really lucky and make the sword, or 2) you fail and the items you bought to make the sword create a "scrap" item, which is completely useless, and needs to be dropped to get rid of.

If you are lets say level 10 in manufacturing and you want to make the sword, you get like a 30% chance to make it. If you are level 20 you get a 60% chance of making it, but no higher then 60% below the required level. Once you DO hit level 21, you can make the sword 100% of the time, because thats what you leveled all those levels for, to actually make the sword, not to fail, and click enough times to make it successfully.

This makes alot of sence to me because if you are lower levels you can still take the risk of making the sword, but the risk is that you would have to spend all that money on the items to make the thing you are trying to make, and if you fail it goes down the drain. I see nothing wrong with this idea and I think it should be implemented into the game. Please tell me if you like the idea or not. Oh yea also, this should not only go for manufacturing, but making potions too, making bars(alchemy), and casting magic spells like I said up top.

It's a fairly good idea, just dunno that ent will like the idea about having a chance to manufacture something with any percentage at any level below the required level ;D But I do wish he could make it so you dont have to click a few times just to create a metal bar that you worked hard to get to the level for.. kind of annoying, I know that its easy to click.. but I'm just making a point.. I dunno.. I'll stop saying crap now...

the way it works right now is this:

when you get to a level that enables you to do something you have just learned it, so there is still a big chance that you will mess something up. as your level increases you learn something news while the old stuff becomes easyer to do (you know all the pitfalls and so on)...

i fear that most people would leave if they burned all theyre starting gold in trying to make a serpent sword and blow it.

you get a mutch better feel of enpowerment by getting access to new stuff all the time rather then have access to all of it from the start. nothing new to try and get to and test out.

personaly i would rather put in some sort of stamina so that after say 3-4 trys on the higher level stuff you have to wait for the stamina to increase before trying again. stamina should increase faster then health or etheral points but should maybe still require a person to have positive food level (then there is a new reason to get food)...

LEXIC, it sounds like a decent idea, but I dont think 100% chance of making an item once you just barely reach the target level to make the item would be good. I'd say perhaps make a 5 or 10 level leeway. Using your example of level 21, make it so you can start with a small percentage of success to make the item 5 or perhaps 10 levels below that, depending on how much you'd prefer to divide the percentages. Then once you reach the level required, I'd say a 60-75% chance of success would be appropriate, and then make it a few more levels above the requirement (3, 4 or perhaps even 5) before you'd make the item 100% of the time. This would represent an effect similar to a learning curve, and as you became more experienced, you'd be able to become more successful in your attempts at making certain items.

Oh, and also, I wouldn't bother with making the scrap item that you have to drop, because that's rather pointless. If you fail, you'd just use up the resources and not make anything. It'd save the hassle of having to drop a bunch of useless scrap all over the place.

Seems like a good idea to me as well. Although not totally necessary, it'd be nice to be able to have even a small chance of success below the target level of producing various items, just in case its your lucky day or something :)

So now everyone will try to make silver bars in the mine? If you dont succeed you just get another coal and ore, for free, and start over again. Dont think this is a good idea...

Better male it so that once you have the level, you will always succeed, saves you another click or two, because you will try again anyway

Duran, I noticed with everything I made, recently being level 30 in alchemy and making iron bars, when I leveled to 31, it just got harder to make the damn bars. The first time i noticed this was level 0 in manufacturing, it was easy to make fur gloves at level 0, but when I leveled to 1 it just got harder, this also happened with alot more things.

Mana, the whole point to having my restriction levels with my idea is so that you could reach that level and make them 100%, If there still should be a percentage after the level requirement then the requirement would have no point. And it should be 100% because right now, you DO fail but you do not lose anything, so its really like making anything 100% after you have reached the requirement, but it just takes more time because you just click the mouse 1 more time if it fails.

Nidan, that is a good point, i was thinking tho, maybe then make the percentages even lower, lets say from 1% to 40% at most, so for my sword exampe if you are level 0 in manu, u get 1% chance, if you are level 20 in manu, you get 40% chance to make the sword, then level 21 is 100%. This means that if you are lets say, 20 alchemy, your percentage of making silver bars is too low and would not be worth doing. If you are like 36 or 37 level in alchemy, i doubt people would use the time to make silver bars at around 40% chance, id rather just get it up 1 or 2 more levels and make em 100%. I think this idea is worth a try.