Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
freeone3000

Disablable Gamma Correction

EL for a few versions now has gamma "correction". This overrides the system gamma even if left unchanged. My gamma changes due to games-n-things, and I want to just be able to disable the gamma correction.

EL for a few versions now has gamma "correction". This overrides the system gamma even if left unchanged. My gamma changes due to games-n-things, and I want to just be able to disable the gamma correction.

That's normal for heaps of games, you just generally don't notice because you play them full-screen.

I guess technically it would be possible to bypass the "SDL_SetGamma", but is there really any need? Just set the gamma in-game to that of your desktop and you shouldn't have any problems.

Just set the gamma in-game to that of your desktop and you shouldn't have any problems.

My LCD is calibrated for the lab that makes my photo prints, so there's lots more to change than just gamma.

An el.ini option would be nice.

Maybe if the gamma setting is <=0 then don't set it? (that's appropriate anyway, since the number is really out of bounds)

Then just edit el.ini to disable gamma adjustment for those who need it (which doesn't require changing the limits that the scrolly goes to).