Eternal Lands Official Forums

Big part of EL community complain more and more for market channel spam and some of they already stop using it. My idea is to make a mechanism which allow player to filter channel buffer. It could let a player to add/remove filtering words (maybe regexp too) to channel. When you add a word, channel buffer do filtering and shows you only matching lines. For example if you looking for Enriched Fire Essence to buy you should add words "wts,sell,selling,efe,enriched fire esssence" as filter for market channel. Of course wildcards like "*" and "!" could be useful (regexp require some knowledge about it and i think that very few players would be using it). Matching should be done in client side and it should not modify original buffer to leave ability of change filter at any time. I know this feature will be barely useful for other channels then market channel but i think it should be at least considered and discussed.

Sorry for bad English.

I already do a simplistic form of this using the global filter color scheme I posted elsewhere. I color specific words that I'm interested in so they stand out in the market channel text. Of course it colors them everywhere else too :icon13: but for a "free" solution (no client changes) it works well enough for my purposes.