Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flinto

Plague

My 2 cents:

1. I think Plague should just stick to rats and the like (critters)

2. Plague shouldn't be a "normal" #day event: it should occur only during specified month(s) of the year (normally the hotter ones-->critters spawning caused by harvest period). In that month(s) then you can have it in the list of #day events(but more bound to happen than not).

3. Implementing Plague could lead to the introduction of an Antidote to Plague-Potion, related to both Potions and Engineering(technical/medical research to isolate the virus? pick your guess) of middle-high difficult. This new pot renders one IMMUNE to plague for all period of plague-day related event. Ingredients could include rat tails (of course) and some other not used often, to evaluate them a bit. One could also search on wikipedia to try to match some ingredients of EL to those utilized in the past for plague remedies (more realistic lol)

Mmm ok, enough with the blabbering, just remind what's written in first line XD

*Huh, didn't i write this yet? i find the plague-thing event a great idea, grats to the owner of this intriguing idea*

Edited by Malakh

I read Flinto's original post and others in this thread and the more I thought about it the more I liked it. I've gathered some posted ideas that I liked,

added a few of my own and twists on others for this post in order to keep this idea going :)

Firstly, this would be a special day and would have to be really, really nasty...deadly even. ;)

Mother Nature is REALLY pissed off and releases a virus which infects a specifc but "unknown" animal(s)/monster(s) spawn(s), on a specific Map(s) or continent(s). Hey...even Invasion spawns could be infected....ooo that would be nasty.

A Player coming in contact with an infected animal/monster has the chance of becoming infected. Contact can only occur with a mouse click. Maybe the infected spawn produces meaner, crazier, stronger, rabid animal/monsters :o

Viral Protection/Resistance could be determined by;

1) combination of attributes

2) new protection potion(s)

3) OA level

4) random chance

5) Astrology

6) cloak protection against infections

7) player race, etc.

Damage - could be by the amount of damage and items damaged; Material, Ethereal

and/or Food Points.

Duration - the duration of the infection could be by time, maximum damage points, etc.

Cures - you die, cure potions/spells, end of special day

Benefits to players - more att/def points given for fighting these spawns.

Notes:

The above scenerio only effects players who touch an infected animals/monsters. To make this more like a PANDEMIC event other infection spreading scenerios could be considered;

1) from player to player

2) from player to creature/animal

3) from harvestable item to player (eg. certain dung and plant locations)

4) from certain pools of water

Maybe a range of weaker to deadly strains of viruses could be used.

Social behaviour might change. Players would become suspicous of others just sitting there...slowly losing material points...not knowing if they're poisoned or something much...much worse. Such risks a player may have to consider before using mouse pointer...to click or not to click;

"do I want to trade with this person?"

"do I want to attack this creature/animal/monster?"

"do I want to PK this person?"

"do I want to look at this person?"

"do I want to heal this person?"

Much healing would occur with increased use of health, mana potions, health essances. New cures would be developed. Self healing will assist lvling Magic

Skill.

Many people would try to find the location of the infected spawn(s) which would in itself would become an event of sorts - similar to an Invasion only not knowing where. Maybe those with higher resistance or would control the spawn and thereby containing spread through out Draia.

Anyway - like to hear more on this topic ^^