Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SCIPIOGOD2

Minimizing error report

Hello everyone Scipiogod2 here,

I have a minimizing problem in EL. For example: When type in a site say google.com and then press f2, It minimizes el of course and succeeds on getting to the site. But when I close it and open El, it goes black and then shows an error Report. Same problem consists when I minimize el with my start button(which minimizes EL also.(I do that to get out of the black screen.

Here is a pic of the problem (managed to get it before it dissapeared).

errorreport.jpg

P.S I searched for error reports, minimizing, crashes but all I found was one topic not related to this problem.

Out of curiosity, do you have an onboard Intel graphics card in the i810 family? I used to have an i845, and it would often crash if I didn't go into the console before minimizing, due to some error in their drivers.

No I have a Intel®82845/GL/GE/PL/GV Graphics Controller (also graphic card) :) Or just a Pentium 3

Edited by ELVARG

I have a problem liek this when i m on el i and i go to miniiz and then load back up after that it is a blank screen and leaves the blue tool bar and then just makes my computer stop working.

Out of curiosity, do you have an onboard Intel graphics card in the i810 family? I used to have an i845, and it would often crash if I didn't go into the console before minimizing, due to some error in their drivers.
No I have a Intel®82845/GL/GE/PL/GV Graphics Controller (also graphic card) :) Or just a Pentium 3
So yeah, I'd say that's a match :wacko:
I have a problem liek this when i m on el i and i go to miniiz and then load back up after that it is a blank screen and leaves the blue tool bar and then just makes my computer stop working.
Unless it's exactly the same problem, or you have technical reasons to suspect it has the same cause, you should make a new thread for new problems :)

I tried that method but it still doesn't work, name message popping up.

I also had the same problems when I was on my windows after I got the recent updates on the video card. And I think I have the same video card as you, Elvarg..

I also had the same problems when I was on my windows after I got the recent updates on the video card. And I think I have the same video card as you, Elvarg..

I don't think you do, since there haven't been any new windows drivers for the i845 for just over two years...

Same problem here, in fact, I was the one who told Scipio about it to begin with :)

Easy fix - don't minimize/maximize EL. Simply minimize/maximize the other programs you are working with so that they unveal/cover EL. Then I don't have a problem.

lilbear

Thanks lilbear :) But this also means I have to close El to see some sites =p

Oh well, I'm just glad El won't crash when I'm playing :omg:

EDIT-

Found problem:

error1.jpg

Should this .dll file be deleted or not?

Edited by ELVARG

Should this .dll file be deleted or not?

Uh, only if you don't want to be able to run programs using OpenGL anymore... :rolleyes: ... that's the device driver for your graphics card.

Edited by crusadingknight