Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Florian

USE_SHADER

1. Water shader quality setting is not written to el.ini on exit

2. changing water quality setting to 1 or 2 toggles FB to "on", but I still have to click toggle FB once to get the new reflections working (they look very good BTW)

3. with water quality != 0 I can't disable FB

Well, shaders are fiexd for OSX, at least shaders quality level 2 work.

But shadows (shadow mapping works since yesterday, yay!) are not rippled, that looks kinda strange. So maybe first project the shadow on the surface and then apply the shaders?

But shadows (shadow mapping works since yesterday, yay!) are not rippled, that looks kinda strange. So maybe first project the shadow on the surface and then apply the shaders?
They used to be rippled... But while IRL shadows may be adjusted slightly by water rising/falling, they aren't affected by the angle of the surface of the water changing (which is what affects reflections), so I asked Xaphier to change it in EL.

If we get waves/ripples that actually do have a Z offset, which would allow for ripples when people walk through water, raindrops, etc. (which I'm told would require large changes in how EL works; not a bad thing considering what would be improved, but a large job), then I'd agree with some distortion of the shadows as far as the difference in Z goes; but I think flat shadows on flat water look more correct.

Edited by ttlanhil