Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puntif

new mage spells?

I had an idea for more mage spells for mages that don't want to work on harvesting:

a low or mid-level spell:

Phantom harvester: creates an invisible phantom that lasts for one second that will harvest the selected non-pickaxe harvestable item (including cactus) doing 10 harvest operations in the one second. The harvest operations would be performed at the spell caster's magic skill level.

and a higher level version:

Phantom miner: creates an invisible phantom that lasts for one second that will mine the selected pickaxe harvestable item doing 15 operations in one second. The harvest operations would be performed at the spell caster's magic level.

These suggestions could be adjusted for game balance by changing the number of operations performed and the amount of Ethereal Points consumed as well as the spell level.

MM could be interesting... Lets see i usually do 40 titan bars = 400 titan ores...

Lets say i can do the higher miner. 400/15=<30seconds and i made 40 bars :) that is if they are all succesfull..

Mm more interesting to put this that u can harvest 400 ores in say 2/3 minutes.. 400/180 average of 2 ores a second.. say 10 succesfull harvests in 5 seconds :)

Though this should be pretty high magic :)

This would do some good to the magic community i hope :D

the PH spell dont need to be that high as from what i understand the magic level, not the heavest level, will define what you can harvest with the spell.

the PM one would be around the level of coal i guess...

the real problem is how high entropy will put the cost of essences and etheral points.

will the mineing operations be 100% successful or will one risk to burn etheral points and essence and have maybe 3-5 items end up in ones inventory? of the latter then the cost should be low, if the former then it should be higher. rember that right now a harvester does not realy have any expenses compared to what a wizard will have.