Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nyxl

Forbidding summoning on some places...

That is enough. I've been remarking several times that the performance is severely dropping around storage points, due to the number of players around it.

Now, there are some players (no need to name them) who enjoy themselves making the things worse by summoning repeatedly by storage point. I don't care about summoning, I practice it myself sometimes, but I do keep in mind that not everyone has the latest, the most powerful of graphic chipset on their comp, so I choose places where it won't impair badly the fps !

When I ask to some of the maddened druids to stop their rampant summoning, I get answers like "go elsewhere", which is the most polite form. This is not what I call fair playing.

Rather than going on the flaming forums and name selfish players and rage against them uselessly, I'd rather suggest, strongly, that summoning be forbidden around storage, like crafting is forbidden around Grim in Desert Pines...

One thing to remark here:

The two oldest storages (DP and PL) are banned for both summoners and manufacturers (including potion makers, magicians, and alchemists).

The third storage (VotD) is open for both summoners and manufacturers.

The point is, the discussions reached high temperatures right after summoning was introduced to EL: the summoners were drastically taking away fps from every other player in the neighbourhood, especially from manufacturers who want to stay for some time at storage too. On the other side, manufacturers were taking precious space around the storage guy, making it harder to reach him.

Now the problem just moved to one spot: VotD storage. Well, players who just want to deposit/withdraw without sticking at storage have two quiet storages, but the mass summoners and the mass manufacturers still bother eachother. So my suggestion for a future storage (i.e. the next one) is: ban summoning there, and allow manufacturing. And ban manufacturers from VotD storage. Or vice versa.

I was sitting at DP storage today and had this problem:

Two summoners where just to the south of DP and were mass summoning snakes and beavers. DP storage got swarmed by about 20 snakes and 20 more beavers and my fps dropped to 1.

Exactly.

If you don't want people summoning around storage, don't go to the summoners storage, use one of the others.

I just want to make gold runs, my Lady. So I just pop into Mynadar, reach to the storage NPC, deposit the few ores I could mine, then go away. So I don't think I do rob time, space or fps from other players...

Even if I would go to Portland instead of Mynadar, I would still have to cross an incredibly sluggish place to reach the boat from the gold mine...

Anyway, as I don't like to get across other people, I'll just wait for summoners to be offline to go to the Valley of the Dwarves, now.

U fail to see the point that VOTD is for summoners! If u do gold runs ur there for a few seconds and u shouldnt be bothered and if u are bothered then harvest the gold and go to portland to store it there and u dont have to go by them storage if u harvest gold u are rich enough to buy some rings.