Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DealerOfDeath

#there is no place like home Teleport to player owned houses

Sound like a good idea to you?  

1. 1. Sound like a good idea to you?

• Erm....heck no DoD you must be joking!
    • Excellent idea! (where does he come up with these??)
    • I packed my grandma's suitcase with and Ant, a Blender, a Camel....

If players donate $50 to the game creators for a player owned home, would a permenant command like #there is no place like home to teleport them to their house be a nice way to reward those who make donations, albeit minor ones, to give the game creators more time to enhance the game itself for all?

This would be linked to the owner of the home, and not guild members or the likes.

Some cry not fair? They are too poor to donate $50 for a home? Well, people find the money to do what they want in this world, whether it be liquor, cigarettes, homes, cars, hobbies, clothes and whatnot. If you have time to play this game, then don't be stingy and donate a few well deserved bucks to the creators! Quit being so gripey, and show some gratitude eh?

I think it's a good one, only I would suggest binding this "feature" to an item, like an additional ring that can be bought somewhere and worn only by the owner of that house. But with the same effect as with normal rings, meaning one-time use. Let it cost 1plat as all the other rings and it shouldn't be a problem for ppl owning houses to to buy those things.

Why a ring?

Well, after the "#beam me up" command is removed, house owners would get an unfair advantage over normal players if they get the ability to teleport an infinite amount of times without the need to use items for that purpose. I mean buying a ring shuoldn't be a problem for players with a good income.

Anti-Ring is the message here good sir. Atleast until the #beam me up command is done away with. Then a ring sounds good, but one time use? How about a one time use sword? If it's made out of metal, shouldn't it last? I'm not saying ALL rings, though that would be nice for us, but what about one ring to rule them all? one ring to find them? What say you about 1 ring that lasts, the Ring of Security *POOF* (home safe and sound) This shouldn't be a difficult piece of programming I wouldn't think, but then again I'm no programmer yet. A command that links the player to the home, and would be greatly appreciated I believe by home owners.

:D

Well, but don't you think it would give a proper fantasy feeling to the gameplay if you were to use an item to teleport, instead of typing a command?

How about a ring/amulet/medallion/whatever for the house owner with infinite charges? An untradeable item that you will never lose?

My point is to make things more real within the game, to give you the feeling you are in a different world, rather than having constant reminders that you are only playing...

EDIT: my answer was to your message that contained only "Anti-Ring is the message here good sir" *g*, that's unfair you edited your post - cheater! :D

i think it would be very hard to do with just the command to go to your house it would need to be #beam me to lightnings house lets say for example if it was one command for your house that would be hard

Or how about just waiting for p2p and getting one? Oh, and also...

Some cry not fair? They are too poor to donate $50 for a home? Well, people find the money to do what they want in this world, whether it be liquor, cigarettes, homes, cars, hobbies, clothes and whatnot. If you have time to play this game, then don't be stingy and donate a few well deserved bucks to the creators! Quit being so gripey, and show some gratitude eh?

You do realize that a large majority of people here are teenagers, and either don't have jobs, or at least not good ones. And how is it showing gratitude to donate in order to get something? If you pay money in order to get something in return, that is called buying.

ShadowKite, I've worked since I was a child, and didn't get paid until I was an early teenager. My first investment was a Nintendo system, which was fun, but not as much fun as Eternal Lands. That cost me $110 back when I was 14. My mind was set on it, I FOUND a job and applied myself accordingly. Thus, my goal was acheived. Most teenagers, as you say that play this game, that aren't employed simply lack the proper motivation..and 1 in a million is lazy. None of those play on here for sure though. But playing this game and having a player owned home for only $50 is a bargin.

BTW If you meet a teenager without money, please don't call them lazy. They hate that. And don't hint they should find a job either, everything is supposed to be handed to them on a silver platter don't you know (sheesh).

Continual effort towards a goal will breed progression

But laziness breeds excuses

1) Its Shadow KNIGHT not NIGHT. You know, the swordsman, not the time of day.

2) I never called any teenager lazy, in fact I am a teenager who needs a job. and i would never insult someone by calling them lazy, mainly because i am one of the laziest people around.

I did have a job working for my dad, until he died, so now i am out of a job.

3) I don't even know where you got the idea that i was calling anyone lazy. I was stating that not everyone has $50 lying around, especially since the economy the economy is down. All the old people are taking all the jobs.

4) At least to me, $50 is not a bargain. I like this game, and if I had a constant income i might donate to this game. And i would not expect a house in return. I donate for the sake of donating, otherwise it is not donating. But for now, $50 is a new videogame, not a donation. But i might get p2p when it comes, provided i can afford it.

5) I know more than anyone than things are supposed to be handed to me on a silver platter. I ask my mom what she will make me for dinner the moment she gets home, but it takes me days to empty the dishwater or take out the trash.

Wake up folks!! (CLAP CLAP) This is the suggestion thread. Nobody wants your opinions on if $50 is too much. This is for those of us who HAVE DONATED so we can have a house. Umkay? (whew)

(suggestions = O! O! my opinion here???) Does your 1+1=11?

As far as I am concerned, if you call people who don't have $50 stingy, and then repeatedly act like you are so charitable when you want something in return, it is my business. Besides, I don't recall you specifically addressing the people who paid the money at the beginning.

It shouldn't be a server command, but a magic spell requiring Ethereal Points, Sigils, and Essence.