Eternal Lands Official Forums
lindesule

Text commands/ chat not working

Unfortunately this happened at the end of last summer and i never got to post bc i was busy w school... but its still not working so ill recall as much as i remember:

i typed something into the map- to mark a location and since then all text commands dont work. channels, pm, #beam me up, none of it works.

Im going to try to dl the client again and cross my fingers.... nope didnt work- pleez help I feel so rude when ppl pm me and all i can do is walk away....:lipssealed:

Edited by lindesule

did you re-install over the top of the previous install? if so, try a fresh new install. if you have a damage mapmark saved in the file, it could (possibly) still cause a problem

or if you mean it's only a problem after you start making a mapmark... press escape to clear the input. that may fix it too

Thx. I tried esc but that didnt work. I uninstalled the client b4 reinstalling it so that should hav removed all the files, but i did not search to make sure that it did. Im going to try registering a new character and starting over... thx for the help :)

Im back- it didnt work... but i just thought of something else to add: i can type messages in the bottom of the screen and stuff, i just cant send it. I press enter after im done typing... im not doing something simple and stupid thats making it not work am i? :P

Edited by lindesule

Im back- it didnt work... but i just thought of something else to add: i can type messages in the bottom of the screen and stuff, i just cant send it. I press enter after im done typing... im not doing something simple and stupid thats making it not work am i? :P

Are you using num pad enter key? because (as far as i know) it doesn't work :)

only enter doesn't work? hmm... could be a keyboard issue (even if it works in other cases, it may not work right with SDL). is your computer set up for a non-english install or keyboard layout?