Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PEACEOFWAR

Idea's for New Economy.

Ok, Not sure how many people here have played games Like "HARDWAR"- by Interplay.

On hardwar you have a moth and Are stuck on a Comet/asteroid with Citys, and must Fight, salvage and fight factions to get anywhere.

The economy is Huge, You have Ship-shops for Newer faster moths, You can Hire AI pilots to do your bidding aswell. BEST thing they have is Everything You need, I mean everything, Needs basic Matrials, Like Metal, Comp-parts ext, To be delivered to a spefic Shop to make A X Number of a item which = That Code.

So for our game we should Make Everything Much more valuable by increasing time it takes to get somewhere, U want a sword? U get the stuff for the black smith to put to gether and make. Means We would need to work to get stuff, Not mIne our hearts out to buy items, and then nothingness...

We sould also create Factions. In hardwar, these were the 2 magor Groups of "Mob like" Pilots. Lazuris and Klamp-G. They are lethal enemys and you pick your side, Both have differnt Resoures Under their control.

My idea is, Split game into The Guilds that are now, into 2 main groups. These groups Are "Enemys" new players must deal with these groups that at "War" Sooner or later Depending on what you need you can "join :wink: " one or the other. If you do good for that group, you can progress to bigger and better things, if you leave you can make a mark on your self.

I have little way to personly make this work, Idea would be fun, And bring a new " Romeo And juilet-type of war, in our game.

Think of the fun, Good-evil.. Try to survive! :-D

I dont like this idea its basically completely different then what EL is now. Besides u basically put ppl in 2 guilds which is not good as I dont want to be with some persons in the same and I do want with others in the same. etc etc.

Again, ive said this many times before, please do not tell us to copy other game exactly, infact in the suggestions forum i might see if i can make it a rule to not be able to mention names of other games, we want completly fresh ideas, the main reason we want fresh ideas is so in about 3 years time, you can go to some other game, go to there forums, new topic and post a suggestion related to eternal-lands :D Please do not try and change the game to make it more like another game.

there is one valid point in the text and that is that stuff should take time. right now its 1 click and you have a sword, one more nad you have 2 and so on. i tryed to preasure entropy to put in time bars on the stuff so that you start the task and it will take time to finish (as you level up easyer tasks take less time as you are more skilled in how to do it).

the question is how people would react to this slowdown.

I actully like durans idea, like a message in the manu window "Sword will be ready in 10" and it counts down, its a great idea!

yeah duran.. I'd vote for it anytime!

It would be a lot better if we had a bar that counts down and then completes the manufacturing of an item instead of just clicking multiple times. The mixing was done easier now (thanks god... and god in here is Ent *g*), but for future I'd love to see your idea implemented.

No more 100x clicking, instead "countdown for manufacturing". This way lvl-ing up will need more time, but that's also the point. Today I made like over 200 (so I think) leather gloves to lvl-up from manu 12 to manu 17 -each of them in 1 second (for successful attempts). And the whole process was like sitting around and clicking like mad just to get the job done, but it didn't take me much time - so I'm sure you could do it a bit more time consuming process without scaring ppl away.

Well, the xp can be as fast a now for manu. Instead of getting xp for making a sword, we will get xp for making 1% of hte sword.

I realy like the idea.

hmm, could work :D

that way makeing stuff takes longer but you still have the same exp growth.

hmm, maybe you can stop the prosess halfdone to if you need to do something else (and can continue on later).

in fact this could cover potion and essence makeing to...

hmm, it would allso be interesting if other people could help in the makeing to speed up the prosess. so that 2 people make it take half that time, 4 people splits the time in 4 and so on.

hmm, it would allso be interesting if other people could help in the makeing to speed up the prosess. so that 2 people make it take half that time, 4 people splits the time in 4 and so on.

try to imagine 4 people trying to hit the same sword with their hammers in real life!! No, things like manu should not be made that way. But maybe potion brewing...

i have seen 2 people do it without problems. im saying that they need the gear, not that they all have to hit it. there is more to the prosess then that. in fact if you want it truly accurate you should be able to just sit down in the middle of nowhere and make a sword, it takes high amounts of heat and other gear to make something even remotely like a sword. so please do not try to shoot down my idea with that kind of a comment...

one other way of looking at it is that they are takeing turns, so that while the others are resting one guy is working. then they rotate...

so shooting down the idea based only on a image in your head is a bad idea. no game (maybe except ultima online) is that anal about accurasy.