Eternal Lands Official Forums
Anamir

Some help needed

It seems that the newest version of openal (im using 0.0.8) does not provide alut.h header that is needed to compile the client from CVS. I found a new freealut (version 1.0.1) that does .. bot even with the headers i got an error in final process:

sound.o: In function `destroy_sound':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:817: undefined reference to `alutExit'
sound.o: In function `init_sound':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:740: undefined reference to `alutInit'
sound.o: In function `get_loaded_buffer':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:264: undefined reference to `alutLoadWAVFile'
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:267: undefined reference to `alutUnloadWAV'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: ** [el.x86.linux.bin] Erro 1

can anyone help me?

[]'s Anamir

Can you add the compile line for sound.[c,o], probably the line above what you posted already, chances are it starts with gcc

I had the same problem today, as I updated my debian SID to latest packages.

To resolve it I had to install these two packages:

libalut-dev - OpenAL Utility Toolkit development files
libalut0 - OpenAL Utility Toolkit

doing

apt-get install libalut0 libalut-dev 

This resolves the compile issue. After this you'll have a linking issue. That is the client needs to use the alut library.

Editing the Makefile you are using (i.e. Makefile.linux) and changing

-lopenal

into

-lopenal -lalut

fixes this problem too. And the client compiles.

Hope it helps, Nevyn

To resolve it I had to install these two packages:

libalut-dev - OpenAL Utility Toolkit development files
libalut0 - OpenAL Utility Toolkit

seems that those packages r aveileble only for debian users (i use fedora core 5). In opeal official site the package that privides alut.h is freealut that seems be incompatible (someway) with old version of openal-devel (0.7)

Editing the Makefile you are using (i.e. Makefile.linux) and changing

-lopenal

into

-lopenal -lalut

fixes this problem too. And the client compiles.

I didn understood (my english is not so good) i should make this AND download those packages?

From Makefile.linux:

LDFLAGS=$(shell sdl-config --libs) $(shell xml2-config --libs) -lSDL_net -lopenal $(XDIR) -lGL -lGLU -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lcal3d -lm -lpng

Maybe i should change to

LDFLAGS=$(shell sdl-config --libs) $(shell xml2-config --libs) -lSDL_net -lopenal -lalut$(XDIR) -lGL -lGLU -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lcal3d -lm -lpng

thats it?

thanks for helping

[]'s Anamir

Can you add the compile line for sound.[c,o], probably the line above what you posted already, chances are it starts with gcc

thats:

gcc -march=i686 -Wall -O -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_TEX -DOPTIONS_I18N -DATI_9200_FIX -DNETWORK_THREAD -DWIDGETS_FIX -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DCOMMAND_BUFFER -DAUTO_UPDATE -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -lSDL_net -lopenal -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lGLU -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lcal3d -lm -lpng -o el.x86.linux.bin 2d_objects.o 3d_objects.o actor_scripts.o actors.o alphamap.o asc.o books.o buddy.o bags.o bbox_tree.o cache.o cal.o chat.o colors.o console.o consolewin.o cursors.o dialogues.o draw_scene.o elconfig.o elmemory.o elwindows.o encyclopedia.o errors.o events.o framebuffer.o filter.o font.o frustum.o gamewin.o gl_init.o hud.o help.o highlight.o ignore.o init.o interface.o items.o keys.o kills.o knowledge.o lights.o lispsm.o list.o loginwin.o loading_win.o main.o manufacture.o map_io.o mapwin.o md2loader.o md5.o misc.o multiplayer.o new_actors.o new_character.o normals.o notepad.o openingwin.o particles.o paste.o pathfinder.o pm_log.o questlog.o queue.o reflection.o   rules.o skills.o sector.o shader.o shadows.o sort.o sound.o spells.o stats.o storage.o symbol_table.o tabs.o terrain.o text.o textures.o tile_map.o timers.o translate.o trade.o update.o weather.o widgets.o books/fontdef.o books/parser.o books/symbols.o books/typesetter.o cal3d_wrapper.o
sound.o: In function `destroy_sound':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:817: undefined reference to `alutExit'
sound.o: In function `init_sound':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:740: undefined reference to `alutInit'
sound.o: In function `get_loaded_buffer':
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:264: undefined reference to `alutLoadWAVFile'
/home/boromir/ELCVS/elc/sound.c:267: undefined reference to `alutUnloadWAV'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: ** [el.x86.linux.bin] Erro 1
[boromir@200 elc]$ gvim Makefile.linux

[]'s Anamir