Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bahamut_Zero

Objects semi-transparent

This actually kind of reminds me of an option I liked from UO - if you were standing behind a tree, the leaves disappeared to let you see where you were. There was also an option where you could set a "transparency circle" around yourself - say, if you were standing behind a wall of a building, part of the roof might be removed and such so you could see where you were, and/or move close to buildings to hunt.

Mind you, it wasn't perfect there, and it likely wouldn't work here - after all, lumberjacks could have problems with the transparency removing their trees, and we don't have our inside and outside maps on the same map - so that could create spots that don't look too pretty on the maps...

Also, we have many players that can barely play now and we need to be carefull about making the fps drop lower.

I just have to post here again...

Learner u were worried about players fps and slow gpus because of the transparency thing, but u still havent explained how can a map such like Isle of the forgotten exist then? all objects are semi-transparent!!!

And i still can play there with my slow gpu...

The only thing that worries me now, is the message i see when i log on (my crd wont be supported in the next release).

Dont u ppl care anymore for slow gpus?

What about the 3d terrain? wont it kill many players performance?

What´s the problem with transparency after all?

Explain the transparent map to me please and explain why not some transparency.

As far as IotF, it's not a place that everyone needs to go to. If people get bad performance there, well, there're many more maps they can live in. The same would not be true if it applied to all maps.

We have seen cases where things that shouldn't be a heavy drain on resources, and aren't for most people, are on some cards.

As for the older computers, you're getting rather accusatory, and it's offensive.

3D terrain is not coming in this update, since it will require shaders, which are part of OpenGL 2, which not all chips/cards support (even though it could have been developed long ago. I hear that even the new integrated Intel chips may be able to do shaders, though).

A fair bit of consideration goes to the players with older video cards; however at the same time we need to consider what can be done to make EL better for those whose computers can handle it.