Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atlantis

Top 50 Bug

The top 50 list is useless without knowing levels anyway.

Not for people's ego's.

The Top 50 (etc) list can be effectively used for several things. What I like it most for is an example of comparison between skills. When players can have A/Ds in the 100s but Summoning / Crafting are only half that, it does show somethings like difficulty and usefulness of those skills.

Also, if you had ingredients and wanted some high end items made, you could look at the top people in that skill and approach them. Some will make just for the XP + ingredients alone.

Why explaining to those who dont know? Leave them in blur... dont explain how to use top 50 or what to use it for.. Let them think that it is EGO matter only... :whistle:

Why explaining to those who dont know? Leave them in blur... dont explain how to use top 50 or what to use it for.. Let them think that it is EGO matter only... :P

lol... I wasn't implying that *I* use the top 50 etc for an ego trip. I'm not even close to the top 500. I do however know of a few people that are reasonably high level thus don't need to look for someone to make something for them, and they us if for an ego trip... :whistle:

Perhaps they are using it as a personal goal? Like "I want to make the top 100 in manufacturing". In those case they don't care WHO they have passed, just a personal goal for them to strive for.

I just think it's fun to look at Top # lists. I don't really care who is above or below me, but it's always fun to see yourself (or a friend) move up in the list :o As for levels, if you find the level of one person on the list, you can guesstimate where the others are.

The "Ranking" Command doesn't work with Safari :Ppicture16kz.th.png

Edited by Atlantis

The "Ranking" Command doesn't work with Safari

please confirm if it's now fixed.

see this post for details. safari and konqueror both use the KHTML engine (though safari uses a slightly modified version). the form was sending to the wrong page(but other browsers seem to have used the current one despite there being a base href set, hence the problem not showing up for them), which has since been fixed.