Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Magic school

Since basicaly EL has too little magic in it, I decided to suggest different ways of magic:

Warlock - Adept at making his enemies suffer. Maximised for damaging, and different negative buffs at enemies (i.e. reverse shield , -4 armor) . Natural MM for undead and summons. Hardest path to begin.

Mentist - Adept in the powers of mana. Maximised for mana burn, mana leech, and mana shield types of spells. Medium to begin. Halved mana cost for spells.

Druid - Adept at being one with nature. Can charm animals, which would behave like summons, after being charmed, adept at healing himself and others, with aoe spells, and target ones.

Powerweaver - Adept in the weaving of power, and conjuring. (hell, this shouldn't be here) After a kill, you could take the power of the victim, The higher level the kill, the more power you get. It will be a stackable , 0 emu, item. It can be used to give small, temporary enhancements to weapons, or to conjure new ones. However, conjuring an item should require loads of power, high level, and loads of mana.

Elementalist - This one is more than logical, elemental magic.

Pimp around with the idea.

I was just throing in names I could remember wasn't expecting anyone to take it seriously. Oh well:

Sorcerer: Has innate ability to cast spells. Doesn't need to read books to cast spells.

Conjurer: Makes something appear out of her/his hat. Teleportations, moving through solid walls, creating light and making magical traps are her/his doings.

Illusionist: Creates magical images and sounds and sometimes does tricks in subjects' minds to create fear, hide something, lure, trap, freeze, even do ones biddings.

Enchanter: Usually specializes in one area (e.g. blacksmith + fire). Enchants and some enchant people to have special magical abilities. Often Enchanters are also runemasters.

Necromancer: Meddles with the dead. Tries to animate dead beings to rise up, communicates with the dead, ultimately tries to be undead her/himself with life's knowledge and memories.

Witch: Casts curses which reduce abilities or harm people. Their magic is wild, earthbound and controlled by strong emotions. Witches often use reagents to do spells (hair of the subject, frogs tongue etc)

Wizard: Mage of all trades, who gains most of his knowledge by reading books and through magical training.

Runemaster: Searches and experiments on runes. Does changes to existing ones and combines them in various ways. Usually by doing them with runestones. If runemaster has also great skill with crafting of a type(fletcher, swordsmith, mailsmith, stonecarver) he can create items induced with magical powers. Runeswords are stuff of legends ^.^

- cedox

p.s. In my books elementalist is also warlock.

p.p.s It's been a while since I played rpgs so might have gotten something messed :P

no books in el magic. some of those are covered by the powerweaver, but with power not runes, etc.

194297[/snapback]

As I said, those castertypes were thrown in just for amusement not for a suggestion implementing into game. It would be a tremendous work to add even one more caster class. I have a strong habit to write things I know to threads even if I'm not serious about them.

- Cedox