Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Speed

I sugg, that there should be different cooldown times, depending on encumbrance. The system can be non round based, the char can swing after the cooldown time, x ms, so char 1 has a cooldown of 500 ms, and char two has a cooldown of 750 ms. Char 1 swings before 2 can respond, 2 blocks, so he has to wait for his att to cooldown ( all in all 1250 ms have passed untill he can reswing). During that time , 1 swings again, this time 2 dodges, so he gets to swing, since he hasn't done any action with a weap. He swings and damages 1. Now 1 can't swing untill half of his normal cooldown has passed. This can make fights longer, and more interesting, especially with the Hatred skill i sugged.

Oh, this way we can make dual wielding balanced, 1/2 cooldown, -1/2 chance to block, 75% normal dmg. I.E. I'd love to wield a special sword that can be a two-hander, because of its weight, but can be split in two pieces (radially), Wen-En-Zhur style (srry , prolly misspelled it). And also a special flax armor, made from a specials metal, that can be similar to leather in encumbrance , and iron in protection.

i like the idea, but you missed what I think is something critical. you only have the delay based on encumberance, what about weapon size/weight? (3 dagger slashes vs a tit axe swing, anyone?)

unfortunately, I don't think the non-round setup will be as easy as it sounds to setup, because EL is still pretty strongly tied to ticks/rounds in stuff.

however, for fighting, it should be a lot easier to manage than, say, the running thing(don't ask)

so maybe we could get this ^_^

also, with the armour thing, chain is actually more encumbering than plate (don't beleive it? check out any medieval displays. the chain is a heavy thing that doesn't move much, properly built plate armour moves with each part of the body easily)

plus maybe in the future there'll be other options too, studded leather, splint mail, scale mail, full plate legging (not just two metal sheets on chain), ring mail, chain coifs, etc

(iffn you wanna see more options for realistic medieval gear, google suggests http://www.loveleaf.net/sword/armor.html )

Edited by ttlanhil