Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Stationary Weapons

'k the new type of damage should be chemical damage, caused by chemical burning, etc. So using this new type of damage we could make weaps unique to EL. I.E. an acid sprinkler, which fires different types of acids ( HCl, H2SO4, HNO3 , etc). Static weapons could allow castle wars ( this should be an invasion style event that happenes on a certain map). Teams will be made be4 the event ( based on average a/d/p/c ? ). The goal will be ctf style. Ppl will mount (use) these weapons and fire them (new skill-artilery?) , to protect the castle. We could add balistae and stuff, there could also be ladders ( an item u 'use with' the castle wall to mount) and other siege eq , that can be made by players (new skill- Engineering/Construction) , the static ones will be similar to bushes and ores (can't be placed or built, there by default). There could also be a 'hellstone' catapult (hellstone - silver nitrate, causes severe burning and irritation). Also using chemical damage- another money drain - pepper spray - diss ring that deals 10 chem dmg. reply asap

Model a stationary, siege, or other fixed weaponary as a 'creature' with limited movement and (depending on type) a ranged attack. This would allow it to be 'summoned' into existance by a high level manufacturer.

The only issues then are:

• How to direct its fire or attack (you can't direct summoned creatures to attack a particular foe at the moment?).
  • Although it could be well armoured, it would have little other defense against direct physical attack, difficult do defend unless on a multi-combat map.

When taking about siege weaponary, I am thinking primarily of the following types:

• Ballistia -- the Roman large crossbow-like device. Man portable bolt thrower. Line-of-sight ranged attack.
  • Catapults (including trebuche) -- rock (etc) throwers. Indirect (arched) ranged attack.
  • Battering ram types -- direct attack; these require some form of mobility.

Actually, with respect to aiming and firing, this could be done by having each type of weapon 'creature' behave in a particular manner, seeking out an appropriate type of target (battering rams would seek out 'door' creatures).

Edited by trollson

I think they should be like harvable locations. The castles will be like the 2 forts in kf. They will be indesable and summable. You click use on the weap , and you start holding, you can't move, you are firing as if firing a ranged weap , or normal fighting. High lvl engineers (new skill) will make siege equipment like ladders , and battering rams ( greater use for logs).

Model a stationary, siege, or other fixed weaponary as a 'creature' with limited movement and (depending on type) a ranged attack.  This would allow it to be 'summoned' into existance by a high level manufacturer.

175973[/snapback]

Wow very nice idea I love it.............. friggin amaizing.

Wow very nice idea I love it.............. friggin amaizing.

176317[/snapback]

Yes, I admit I am brilliant at times ;)

It would be rather useful to have a few 'object' creatures in the game now; whos only purpose would be to serve as a barrier.

For example, a bolder or rubble 'creature' could act as a rock fall, blocking corridors, and have to be 'killed' (dug out or broken down) before it was possible to pass through. Minor return damage as with mining. It would 'spawn' in more dangerous mines and caves.

Similarly a 'door' creature to block access, which must be broken down to get through. This would have to spawn in a specific place and orientation to work though.

Edited by trollson

My idea was they are not summonable, only placeable on the map editor. If they must be made, there must be a new skill - engineering.

Edited by Dimov