Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maddad

Bot administration question

Folks,

I've registered a bot and started coding (well, hacking the Redknight code anyway) but I'm not sure what the next step is to get the bot approved. Does it have to be connected and "examined" by a moderator?

Dave

Eternal Land's Bot Rules

1. All bots must be declared. Any other kind of bot must be explicitly approved.

2. Bots that only talk are OK, as long as they don't spam local chat or a main channel,

and they are not breaking any of the game rules.

3. The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).

6. Bots cannot be stationed in range of harvestable items. They must be far enough way so that they

cannot harvest from where they are standing.

7. No bots are allowed on Isla Prima unless agreed upon by us.

8. Bots can not make items or level up* in any skills using any automated program(s), or manually.

If the Player wants to level the bot manually, this has to be done BEFORE the character becomes

a bot and is declared to be one, NOT use any automating programs which would go against the main

game rules, Rule #6. If a bot is in a map where there are monsters who will attack it, it is ok

if the bot just stands there and is attacked, like an afk player, but the bot is not allowed to

initiate attacks, nor is it allowed to be stationed near a monster spawn.

*Exceptions to the rule of no leveling up in any skill MIGHT be possible but only after having Entropy

know about it and agreed upon. You must discuss these issues with him and give all details as to why

your bot should be allowed to level up.

**These rules can be added to or revised at any given time.

I'm assuming as long as you follow these rules and give valid reason for your bots existance, then you are not going to have any problems. And yes I do belive all bots must be approved by the bigwigs. Just make sure you were articulate and specific in the details of your bot registration.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this