Eternal Lands Official Forums
twistedlove8

I cant get into EL

Guest Derek11
right, yes. once those files are available we should be able to use point particles again.

for those who want the details, the client will be checking to see if those files exist when it loads. as it can't find them, it will produce an error and stop

171589[/snapback]

im having the same problem!!!! i did all the things you said i changed the poor man thing and i changed the bibmap or whatever and the point particles and i downloaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!! it still says the IDE or whatever thing :angry2:

im having the same problem!!!! i did all the things you said  i changed the poor man thing and i changed  the bibmap or whatever and the  point particles  and i downloaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!! it still says the IDE or whatever thing :angry2:

178846[/snapback]

and what does your error log show? that fix posted is only for if it's those missing files. and even if it does complain about those files, there can be other problems.

to get a clean error_log: delete error_log.txt, run EL once, then read what's in it. if it's a transient problem, then delete each time you load until it crashes, then keep that.

and if it only happens when you do a certain thing in game, empty the file before you do it, do it, then see what's in the file.

oh, and the el.ini you PMed me had mipmaps turned on

try full screen, shadows, no adjust shadows, shadow mapping, cloud shadows, and mipmaps all turned off (= 0 )

maybe we should make a R.A.T. for el so devs and ppl that are trustable can help newbs like you :>

btw freeone i LOVE your siggy badly :P:D didnt u forget to give the file executable rights? :D

Edited by (Athosino)

wow i was gone for a LONG time.

anyway where is "el.ini"? ttlanhil told me to go under there and change point_particles to off.

oh and my graphics card is VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP cuold that be the problem?

el.ini is a file that should be under c:\program files\el directory in windows, or in ~/.elc if you are using linux or any other posix-like OS. Just open it with a text editor and search for that line, then change the number.

Guest Derek11

i did all that too and it still wont work!!!!!!!!!!!i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

i did all that too and it still wont work!!!!!!!!!!!i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

182109[/snapback]

remember when I said to check the error_log.txt? and tell us what's at the end of it, so we can find out what's wrong?

Guest LacrossePlayer29
Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

171517[/snapback]

I'm having the exact same problem and getting the exact same error log. I changed point particles to 0, but it didn't change anything. I'll try re-installing and see what happens.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.