Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kamoricks

Bag-jumped By A N00b

I lost almost everything. Titanium Chainmail, Excavator cape, Fast Regeneration cape, two rare potion books, Leather Boots and an Iron Helm. That's over 15k worth of gear. Ouch indeed.

Um, why fight in VC with so much valuable stuff? Why carry 2 capes?

I don't. I don't want to be told to do things. N00bz bagjumping is the price for the existence of the MM perk/cloak. If you don't like smog, do you stop breathing?

You really can't breathe period. And if you do, it starts to make you sick. Same way with bagjumpers.

Last time I looked cities weren't full of suffocating/sick people.

If you fight in dangerous areas, surely you must be prepared to lose stuff! Every fight is a gamble! No part of VC is safe - ogres are known to 'port to the entrance hall.

Personally, I'm just glad to come back from the dead. :angry:

All of Vc is safe I can sit there all day and never get attacked.

As far as mm cape

no way even experienced players will still have to blow there bank account in storage on a mm perk 7k-10k is enough to me

experienced players have no use for mm capes i have 5 in storage and cant remember the last time i used one <_<

Guest ShadowMage

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the original topic creator, the one who lost almost everything he owns to some bag-stealing n00b due to an unexpected fight with an Ogre. If you notice a difference in the name, it's because I created this topic with an account that a friend had let me borrow while I was waiting for this one to be validated. Now that I read how people have responded though, I wonder if registering an account was even worth it...

I tell my story expecting to have people respond with posts like "sorry to hear" or "bag-jumpers suck". Instead I find myself the subject of ridicule. Worse, the majority of people actually side with the bag-jumper, as if that kind of behavior was not only acceptable, but worthy of praise. I come here asking for help, and instead I get made fun of.

You people disgust me.

Apathy I can understand; I'm quite familiar with it myself. If no one had cared to post then that would have been fine, but to actually come out against me... you have to be a very sick person to laugh at the misfortune of another.

There are some good people here, and I'd like to thank them for their sympathy, but they're the minority, and no one seems to want to learn from their example.

I'm done for now. If any mods found my post a bit too inflammatory, then just go ahead and lock the whole thread, because I serriously don't care anymore.

I'm not siding with the bag jumpers, far from it, they really annoy me too

but i'm against making it harder for people just because of others playing nasty

remove the perk? no thanks, I'm poor and i'm at OA 69. I got the perk really early, so that i can go get gems, visit places like portland and morcraven, etc

as for taking away MM and making people practice fighting, that's not a good thing, and you shouldn't force people to learn things they don't want to. i have 0 summoning, does that mean i have to practice that? i can't space the PP for nexus. and before you say summoning isn't the same as combat, think about it, you're still forcing someone to learn a skill they don't want to.

All of Vc is safe I can sit there all day and never get attacked.

As far as mm cape

experienced players have no use for mm capes i have 5 in storage and cant remember the last time i used one  <_<

156302[/snapback]

Speak for yourself. I'm OA above 60, harvesting and alchemy above 50 and recently hit 26 crafting (which is the most expensive skill in the game), so I guess I'm not a n00b anymore. And yet my a/d are below 30 and I still have to use MM to get emeralds.

<_< ShadowMage nobody is laughing at you, if you were refering to the Justice post, I think if you read it, he was responding to a comment from Satan. The fact is, if you are indeed new to this game, you will not realise that posts like these are so common,and that this "discussion" has been going on for months and months. No decent player is ever going to praise another player for bagjumping, most decent players have had it done to them several times, and they know just how upsetting and frustrating it is. If you got the impression nobody really cares, then I`m sorry, you`re wrong, people DO care,but that said, you wont get a thread with loads of people telling you how sorry they are, like I said, this has all been said so many times before that people get fed up with posting the same thing over n over. The thing that does puzzle me though, is that you had that amount of stuff and yet I`m sure I read you were new to the game?! Forgive me if I misread that, my point is, if you aren`t new to the game, surely you must`ve realised the risks of going to VC?? VC ISN`T safe if you have a low defence, so whoever it was that said it is, again, is wrong. I could go and sit in VC without being attacked by Gargs, yes, but if the Orge showed up, he would attack me, and kill me. So dont take what people have posted on here as a personal insult to you, because I`m sure nobody meant it that way, well, not the decent players anyway, you`ll always get one or two idiots that jump onto a thread just to boost the post rate,and just to call someone a nOOb, sad I know, but it does happen. So learn by this, experience makes us all better people,and better players, you will know now to be more careful, learn by your mistake, lets face it, I think most of us have. :rolleyes: Please give the game another chance,and get stuck in ok :D

I cant help but think about this in a different way(being a noob myself).

even though its not somthing i personaly would do,(or befriend a person who does)i see the guy as very enterprising.wouldnt most players pk a noob on site?look at it as a form of noob revenge,i'm sure you could replace the items easy,to him it may have been christmas come early lol.my advice would be to know the situation before you go into it.i'm sure u seen him there with a mm cape(would have made me wonder what was up)so maybe you shouldnt have fought that battle until u had a friend with you.

Guest ShadowMage

So many inaccurate assumptions, so little time to correct them. Where should I begin?

WiLdCaRd, I'm new to the forums, not the game. I've played EL on and off since August, and just started playing again heavily about a month or two ago. My character is hardly new; here's the link to his stats:

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/vie...er.php?user=kav

As to my being in VC, I was told that there were only gargoyles and skeletons in there, and since I'm more than capable of killing both, I thought I'd check it out. Had I known that there was an ogre in there, I never would have gone.

fangs, I find your sense of justice strange to say the least. I've never wronged anyone, and would never PK someone just because they're suffering from a case of "stupid n00b syndrome". I #ignore them. And I cannot "replace the items easy", it's going to take every gold coin I have to replace what I've lost, and that's if I even choose to continue playing. He wasn't wearing a MM cape either; he must have had the perk.

Today's lesson was "Get your facts straight before getting into a discussion", and was brought to you by the letter I.