Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kamoricks

Bag-jumped By A N00b

Allow me to start my story from the begining...

I was fighting gargoyles in Vermor's Castle when I was attacked by an Ogre. I took him down to about half-health, but I didn't stand a chance. I died, and worse, I lost almost everything. Titanium Chainmail, Excavator cape, Fast Regeneration cape, two rare potion books, Leather Boots and an Iron Helm. That's over 15k worth of gear. Ouch indeed.

When I got back to Vermor's Castle, I found that my death bag wasn't there. Someone had stolen it. Great. So I ask around the channels to see if anyone's found it, and that's when things took a turn for the worse. A n00b by the name of rebane sent me a PM saying that he'd found my things, but when I asked where we could meet he said that "maybe I don't give items back". More good news.

Then the story changes. Suddenly he didn't find my bag, someone else did. So I PM that person, but they're AFK, so they couldn't have done it. He asks me a bunch of irrelevant questions, "can u kill gargs? what perks u have?" and then the story changes again! Now he says that someone else had my stuff! At that point I just lost it and demanded that he give my stuff back, but he continued to deny that he'd done anything wrong.

This is getting nowhere. I'm in the first room of Vermor's Castle, talking to the guys there in local chat to try and figure out what to do. They feel sorry for what happened to me, and offer to give this guy a good beating if they see him around. Time passes and eventually, figuring I have nothing to lose, I got deeper into Vermor's Castle, only to be killed almost instantly by that same Ogre again. The guys that I'd been talking to were around though, and they saved my stuff. But what I next find out removes all doubt from my mind that rebane is guilty.

It turns out that when I died this second time, that rebane was in the area and tried to make a run for my bag. Mori_Ranmaru got their first and gave me my stuff back, but just that rebane tried to get it shows what kind of person he is.

I contine to PM rebane, demanding that he fess up and give me back what's mine, but I don't get a response. He must be ignoring me, either with the #ignore command or by just ignoring he. Interesting note though: I found him by the docks in Lakeside right before I started this post, but he ran as soon as I shouted to him and he saw me. He logged-out shortly after.

Anyway, I hope that you've all enjoyed my little story. I do this partly to warn you all that this person can't be trusted, and partly because I just need to vent. And another part for vengeance. Hopefully some of you will help me out here in trying to get this guy to fess up to what he's done, and return what doesn't belong to him.

I'm probably taking this too seriously (afterall, it is just a game), but losing all that stuff really burns me up inside, and I'm going to do whatever I can to try and get it back. If it'll help, I'll post my chat log of the relevant events later, but for now I just want to get this out all out. Until then...

Sadly, this is a common occurence among noobs...get mm perk just to bag jump people that die. Best bet is for all guilds to put him on their watch list...or maybe even ban him from use by their bots.

well thats true but maybe a smart idea wou ld to just see who the n00b is and kill that jerk badly

Why don't the developers just make it where MM only makes you need half the requirements for monsters to stop attacking you? I thought that your defense level determined what ignored you:

Chimeran Wolf: 120

MM: 60

You need 61 defense for chims to leave you alone.

Just a thought. Oo

Why don't the developers just make it where MM only makes you need half the requirements for monsters to stop attacking you?  I thought that your defense level determined what ignored you:

Chimeran Wolf:  120

MM:  60

You need 61 defense for chims to leave you alone.

Just a thought.  Oo

155990[/snapback]

I love that idea Daxon.

I love that idea Daxon.

156028[/snapback]

It makes the bag jumper work for his meal, which in this case is the items he'll take while sitting not-so-safe from that ogre in the corner. :)

so an alchemist can't go get the emeralds in naralik or diamonds from the diamond mine, or rubies... well... you get the idea.

some people just don't wanna fight. and the great thing about this game is that you get MM, and you don't have to.

now, maybe if it was a fifth it might work, 10 def from killing rabbits and such for fur and you're safe in VC, for example (where ogre = 50, average of att and def)

or if the requirement before you can start getting perks was boosted up, say a skill at 10 first? have to do at least some harvesting first then. this is probably a better solution, as it helps solve the chars for muling, etc thing as well

remember, though, that bagjumping may make one an outlaw, it's certaibly not against the rules, and won't be. so punishing non fighters for it won't (shouldn't) happen

Everybody picks up fighting eventually. Most people in their upper levels have -atleast- 30/30 a/d.

the manu/crat rep on the council (L_c, first one i thought of) who also has 66 alchemy has combat of 27... that's a high level player with under 30. and i'm sure there's a whole lot more. some people aren't here to fight. forcing people to play a way they don't want to is baaaad

L_c's stats

the manu/crat rep on the council (L_c, first one i thought of) who also has 66 alchemy has combat of 27... that's a high level player with under 30. and i'm sure there's a whole lot more. some people aren't here to fight. forcing people to play a way they don't want to is baaaad

L_c's stats

156035[/snapback]

Yes.. 3 under 30. Can you go nag on something else? Oo

Yes.. 3 under 30.  Can you go nag on something else?  Oo

156036[/snapback]

there are people who don't want to fight, and you want penalisation on them in code because of something not nice but legal someone else did.

my point stands

there are people who don't want to fight, and you want penalisation on them in code because of something not nice but legal someone else did.

my point stands

156039[/snapback]

Or maybe it gives them incentive to get up and train a skill they might have never realized how enjoyable it really is. There should always be incentive (good or bad) to get people multi-talented in skills.

I agree with Daxon.

156046[/snapback]

I don't. I don't want to be told to do things. N00bz bagjumping is the price for the existence of the MM perk/cloak. If you don't like smog, do you stop breathing?

I don't. I don't want to be told to do things. N00bz bagjumping is the price for the existence of the MM perk/cloak. If you don't like smog, do you stop breathing?

156069[/snapback]

Get rid of the perk, keep the cape, problem solved. :)

156073[/snapback]

so now they'd first have to bagjump someone who had a cape, or had some stuff to sell? no, you're still trying to solve something legal in code, in a way that penalises others, that's not right

so now they'd first have to bagjump someone who had a cape, or had some stuff to sell? no, you're still trying to solve something legal in code, in a way that penalises others, that's not right

156081[/snapback]

Okay, while you ramble on about solving 'legal' code things:

Remove the delay on ALL skills. Alchemy, manufacturing, whatever. It's 'legal' code meant to slow down the creation of items.

Return the 'mastery' level. It was there as an incentive to get to a level and be done with that skill. Now it's not. :D

Remove the harvesting events. They were meant to slow down harvesting and/or make it dangerous.

All of that.. was 'legal' code that got changed. Why should this be any different?

You really can't breathe period. :rolleyes: And if you do, it starts to make you sick. Same way with bagjumpers. ;)

MM perk is a noob perk

evrybody can affort a MM cloak this days.. harvest ~30 min liliacas/fruits and you have the money

<_< When will people ever learn?! If you know you cant kill an ogre...why go into VC?? I didn`t go deep into VC for that very reason, if I wanted to harvest something, I took my MM cloak so I didn`t get mauled and I didn`t lose my stuff :D You will never get rid of bag jumpers in the game, because its too damn easy to be one,and the fact is, a lot of people cant be arsed to do it the hard way,they`d rather steal. In R/L they can be banged up in prison and become a soap dodger, on EL, they get away with it day after day. Theres another post on the forums, where I said that most of these "nOObs" aren`t new players at all, they belong to people that have been playing the game for a long time with other characters, and just wanna get things the easy way. The only way you could ever solve the problem, is by making the death bag in such a way, that only the person that died can pick it up, if thats something programmers could work on......I have no idea. Its sad and annoying and frustrating when ya lose stuff to people that dont deserve it, we`ve all had stuff stolen, but my only advice is too warn as many people as possible, and try to avoid areas where theres a good chance you could die. If you HAVE to head to those areas, leave all ya expensive items in storage, OR go with a friend.

Thanks for your time :rolleyes:

let's get rid of the MM Perk. Everyone who wants to be save will need a cape. And newbs can't afford a cape that easily

156073[/snapback]

Hmmmm....

Yeah, tha might actually work. The cloak is expensive as it is, I suggest raising its price to about 20k - to make sure that only the experienced players could afford to buy it.

Naturally, if MM were to be removed, all those who have it would be given PPs and gold back.

Edited by Mireille

no way even experienced players will still have to blow there bank account in storage on a mm perk 7k-10k is enough to me

no way even experienced players will still have to blow there bank account in storage on a mm perk 7k-10k is enough to me

156191[/snapback]

You'll realize that at upper levels.. 7-10k is chump change. Even 20k. If the player doesn't immediately have it on them, they could get it in less than 2 days if they wanted to.

I agree with removing the perk and keeping the cape. If newbies really want to get an MM cape, it can easily be done in about a week if they work hard. Plus, this way they learn to work for their loot, as Daxon already said. I make 5k on a part time (like an hour a day) newbie char in about a week, so yes, it can be done once they find the lilac bush.

Many "experienced" players have multiple MM capes...20k is not expensive. Just look at how much plate there is floating around.

:angry: Yes many EXPERIENCED players have multiple MM Cloaks, and also many "nOOb" bag jumpers belong to EXPERIENCED players who have multiple MM Cloaks, so how does raising the price solve anything?? Put simply, it doesn`t, nor does removing the perk. Just accept it, face it, bagjumping is here to stay, because its too easy. How much does Iron Armor sell for now, 10k, 20k.....one bag jump and the "nOOb" has loads of cash to buy what he likes in the game. It would be interesting to look into some of the names listed on these types of threads,just too see if they is any evidence of MULTIPLE accounts <_< Bet there would be quite a high number, as I also said in my other post on a similar topic, most genuine new players dont even know how to eat, let alone what an MM Perk really is and where to go to bagjump death bags. Its so obvious at times, I find it hard to believe more people cant see whats really going on. Maybe this is something the programmers need to look at, and maybe come up with an idea, is it impossible to make a bag so it can only be picked up by the person that died?? Think of how much bagjumping that would stop :P Getting rid of the perk or making the cloak really expensive is unfair to the players that aren`t interested in the fighting aspect of the game, some players use the cloak or perk to harvest items that can only be found in dangerous areas,then return to work on there Alc, Pots or Crafting, why should they be punished??