Eternal Lands Official Forums
godfathernoodle

Scamming Guild SwW (Comming Soon)

um ive told u i was legolas129 so u werent paying attention i knew it oh yeah and i dont want to be scammed constantly its enoying as heck when ppl get scammed i dont want to

thats what i ment but i was trying to put it short but hey u did it for me thanx :P

155312[/snapback]

Um, yes, I know you're legolas129, what you're point?

And Marantz, guild tags and info can be changed AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT, by members WITH A CERTAIN RANK.

I can't remember the rank, but members besides the guild leader CAN change guild attributes.

Changing the guild descriptions and etc is the easy part.

Man, this CAN be done people.

i think its dum i mean i will remember that gfn is the leader so it would be a extremely easy task to find out what the guild name is

(WOW! 804 views and 3 pages of replies! Seems to be quite a popular topic. Shame there is no more input from the topic starter, Godfathernoodle)

i think its dum

The high number of views would suggest otherwise. But yes, the guild leader name is a problem....

i will remember that gfn is the leader so it would be a extremely easy task to find out what the guild name is

Bugger - youre quite right. Checked the guild list info and it does show the guild leaders names. Would have made things so much simpler if you said this at the beginning, instead of all the insults.

Unless.... maybe don't have an anonymous guild? I wonder if a guild that is NOT explicitly a thieves guild, but does include 'dark' players could work? The only remit would be, "Helping newbies, no abuse, whilst encouraged, bagjumping, scamming, etc is not discouraged.". This could allow members to play as they see fit. They could play fair characters if they want, but it doesn't rule out the option of roleplaying dark behaviour.

It could be an alternative to all the guilds that say 'no scamming and bagjumping'.

Maybe this is too general though? The only general remit of the guild would be - "do what you like, just don't be abusive, scam newbies, or spam". Possibly trying to be too much to too many people?

Edited by MarantZ

I think any respect the guild could have would be dependent on if it is founded to fulfill a "Robin Hood" complex (such as, take bag with plate from a rich fighter, give to poor newbie at beam), or, if it was a "rob everyone blind and get all the profits for me" guild.

Not endorsing this idea still, but if it had a "Robin Hood" style to it, it may be kind of fun to have around.... although I can see the "Outlaw" threads now...

Experienced_Player: Some_Thief just stole my Iron Plate! That smegging smegger!

Notorious_n00b: Some_Thief is such a nice guy, he gave me a free Iron Plate!

If this was the case I might be a little more willing to see this guild happen, but I dont think that is what scamming guild would be about.

The high number of views would suggest otherwise. But yes, the guild leader name is a problem....

The high number of views doesnt mean that it is a good idea.

Unless.... maybe don't have an anonymous guild? I wonder if a guild that is NOT explicitly a thieves guild, but does include 'dark' players could work? The only remit would be, "Helping newbies, no abuse, whilst encouraged, bagjumping, scamming, etc is not discouraged.". This could allow members to play as they see fit. They could play fair characters if they want, but it doesn't rule out the option of roleplaying dark behaviour.

Once again I dont think that is what gfn meant when he was talking about starting this guild.

And Marantz, guild tags and info can be changed AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT, by members WITH A CERTAIN RANK.

I can't remember the rank, but members besides the guild leader CAN change guild attributes.

Changing the guild descriptions and etc is the easy part.

Man, this CAN be done people.

I never said it cant be done, just simply that I dont agree with such an idea and that it would not be easy to avoid detection, no matter what you do.

The high number of views doesnt mean that it is a good idea.

Semantics. High number of views because it is unusual/interesting/topical. These are GOOD things.

Also note I used the word SUGGEST. Not MEANT.

Once again I dont think that is what gfn meant when he was talking about starting this guild.

So what? Ideas/suggestions sparked by this can be discussed.

Edited by MarantZ