Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanyia

Constantly Crashing Client only on this Computer

On all other computers, I have never had this problem. I am currently playing EL on a Compaq Presario 3000 laptop, about 1-2 years old.

The problem is that the client keeps crashing very shortly after I hit "Log In". Sometimes (about 1/30 tries) it will let me play, but most of the time the actual playing screen will never come up (or not for long)-it will either crash while still on the Log In screen or RIGHT as the playing screen comes up. Like I said, this is only on this computer, so I am wondering what is going on.

Here are my specs:

Windows XP Home

448 MB Ram

Video card: Sis M650

Version of EL: the newest one :):blink:

if you need any more specs let me know.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!!

PS: I don't know if this is just coincidence, but it happens more on my character Tanyia than on Enthalpy

[Edit]: Ok, so I have some more info. I see that "some" of the SiS cards are ok, so perhaps this is a video card issue. Does anyone know if an inadequate video card causes the client to crash?

More problems: I can't walk very well. Either I don't move or I move to the wrong place. Also, the houses/buildings in the game have no roofs or only 0-2 walls sometimes...

Any suggestions?

[Edit 2]: I am currently updaing the video card drivers.

Edited by Tanyia

try going into the ELConfig.exe file, and uncheck the boxes in the right side under Video, my SIS 315 won't run the game with them checked.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this