Eternal Lands Official Forums

First of all, thanks to Roja and gang for all of their previous contributions to the game. However, can we please have some items in the future that are not meant for fighters? It seems that all the great items are for fighters (i.e. rare cloaks, magic weapons and new armors).

This is not a suggestion post per se, but a request to introduce new items that would be beneficial to other skills as well. One suggestion would be a non-fail-manu ring (one use, no fail guaranteed). But even cloaks or items that give help to people who have decided that fighting should not be their main past time would be greatly appreciated.

And please, can we find another way of introducing these items other than monster drops? It seems that it only helps the fighters remain rich and the rest of the players in the game at their whim when it comes to pricing.

*trying very hard not to spoil anything*

Let's just say... they're in the works. :) But because of the SHEER NUMBER of new items that there are going to be, and the various effects they will have on each other in the new system, we cannot introduce them little-by-little, but all at once, in a packaged system. That's the only way to keep them fairly balanced. But that takes quite a bit of time.

In the meantime, to keep the players happy, small items are being introduced here and there, mainly for fighters, because they are the end-users of almost everything in the game, as well as the fact that giving items to the non-fighters that will benefit them would destabilise the current system greatly. (eg. Imagine if that non-fail ring was used to create another non-fail ring -> massive amounts of exp, no chance of failure or item drain from the economy). Hopefully, when the new systems come up, it would be easier to balance. Oh yeah, and most likely monster drops will change to less rare items.

What I can say is that, in the new system, the non-fighters would probably have a much more interesting game than the fighters, with lots of possible actions, new abilities and events happening. I especially like the new twists that Alchemy is going to bring... but that's just me. :) Potions and Crafting/Jewelry look pretty good, too... And Conjuring is just going to be crazy! :) (I can just envision the PKers rubbing their hands in glee... hmmm... actually, we might have to think about this one - with the new abilities, it could play havoc with the justice system...) Can't say much about Magic and Blacksmithing until they're finished but hey, if they're anything like the rest... :)

But in the meantime, you're going to have to be patient. :) There's still a lot of work left to be done. (It happens when you're trying to create and balance 150 new items or so...) I estimate about 3 more small updates before the new systems are fully up and functioning. (And yes, from the looks of it, they will be aimed at fighters... but that's to balance the big gift the non-fighters are going to get later) We're trying to clear up all other player requests before the big update, so that when it happens, we can focus on tweaking and balancing it without other distractions.

For more info, read here: What to Expect in the Future

*hope I didn't spoil too much*

-Lyn-

Well the non-fail ring was more of a wild example... not meant for a serious suggestion. The serious suggestion was items for non-fighters.

But thanks for the info :unsure: