Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chronicle

Forum Suggestion

It seems like there are alot of "Guests" replying to messages, especially on Marketplace. I know there is an option on the phpBB boards that allows only Registered Users to post, shouldn't that be implemented? If someone wants to post on here it would be appropriate if he/she registered first and had a username.

I bet a lot of those "guests" think they've logged in. I have to log in twice in order to be recognized. I think there may be a problem with the way the board was configured or a browser compatibility problem.

most likely eitehr theyre browser is set to dump cookies or they didnt select the "remeber me" option.ifound out that if you didnt use hte option then for some reason the board forgets about you very fast and as you only see your statuschange when you refresh a page or klick a link you may be in the middle of writeing a post, go do something else for some time and come back and click post only to find yourself logged out.

maybe the webserver killes connections fast or something, im no php expert but i recall a freind of mine talking about not useing cookies to remeber who is logged in. something in the php or something. if the timeout on this is to low it can have a nasty effect...