Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puntif

mining gemstones

From the department of "I wanna be able to make or harvest everything in the game", how about mining the gemstones (diamonds, emeralds, rubys, sapphires) which are needed for some essence making. I don't think you should be able to sit and chip away like you do for ores. How about if when walking along you see a glint of light on the cave wall or cliff face. That is where you would have to go to mine the gem. You get it and the glint disappears. You have to look elsewhere for your next glint of light. It would move around (kind of like the creature respawns).

Also, from the same department, how about mining mercury ore? The ore should be cinnabar, a soft red mineral that probably could be mined like sulfur. Smelting mercury is probably easier than iron.

So basically you want it to be vaguely like rs where you just get a gem while mining something else. I don't mean you want to do that specifically, but you wanna use the same basis that it isn't just there to take.

Also, how are you supposed to smelt mercury? Isn't it a liquid? Also, even if you could, why would you want to? It would make you go crazy.

I don't know what game "rs" is but I've never played it. This is the first multiplayer game I've played since around 1979.

Preumably, mercury is smelted the same way as the other metals. Liquid mercury is already in the game to make spirit essence - you can buy it from Harvy. He also claims he wants so buy some, but as far as I know he is the only source in the game. Presumably, "1 mercury" includes whatever container you store it in.

I presume to make mercury, you would mix 6 or 7 or 8 mercury ore with 3 coal to create one mercury. "For safe handling to avoid insanity, please carefully read and follow the directions on the web site."

Well, rs is only the most popular free MMORPG (rs=runescape). In it, you can't just mine gems. You just randomly find it while mining some other rock.

Also, mercury is liquid at room temperature, which means even if you could make a bar out of it, you would have to keep it cold or it would melt.