Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swisstest

None-Gaming Clean up suggestions :P

Okay, I've been talking to as many companies as I could squeze a quick note into about perhaps reviewing EL for sites/shows etc. I of course gave them the URL then today I was looking at the actual web-site and relized half the links didn't work and/or were outdated...

I'm not sure if because of the forums (WHICH SHOULD BE THE TOP LINK, since this is where all gaming news/information can be found pretty much), we are moving away from the website? or if Trops new page is going to take over down the road? or what...

But in the time being, would it be possible to remove some of the dead links such as the game arts page which don't now nor have they ever worked?

I'd like to think that if someone does review the game they aren't turned away by the first thing they look at which is the website... especially after so much time was put into making it.

~E.S.

Even some of the gaming stuff is a bit outdated. Like, under magic it says, "Right now, as we are testing the game, you will be able to use all of these spells regardless of experience or levels. Later on that will change, and you will not get all these spells without experience points, etc."

Later on is now...

The page you are looking at havent been updated for months and months. Right now, Moonshadow and I are constructing a new el.com page using parts of Moon's last homepage and adding some new stuff. At the same time im creating a el.net website (thats gonna be more like a fansite community, where you can add/vote on EL fansites etc.) - so in some weeks we will have it all up and running.

and since the page hasnt been updated in quite some time, its quite easy to understand that some game related stuff are outdated.

and about the dead links, i dont know how they got there, since the updating of the page stoped, dead links have started to pop-up everywhere on the page :D...

thinks...

ahh - it MUST be a insider job!

Not only is the content pretty far out of date across much of the website, there are many typos throughout. I would volunteer to fix spelling and typographical problems throughout the website on a one-time basis if that would be helpful.