Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ivanowitch

Improvements of the chat and the channels

How many channels would you like to be on?  

1. 1. How many channels would you like to be on?

• 1.000.000.000 (i'm a mod, and i want to know whats going on in the channels)

I have picked up some good ideas in the forums, and i thought i would list them here:

1)make it possible to be on more than 1 channel.

2)make a command to PM the last who PMed you.

3)if there ain't one, add a mod command to teleport ppl to the newbie helper :)

1) could be done like having a number of "channel slots" you could assign channels to, and then have the chat show in different colors. suggestion for command would be #jc <channel number> <channel slot number> and chatting in the channels would be like <channel slot number>@<message>

2)someone suggested using //<message> for this. (it is rather annoying to recieve PMs not for u, just because somone forgot to type a player name, and then started their message with an "i")

3) i think this i my own suggestion. The newbie helper tells you that you will be teleported to her if you start to ask about things she explains. Why not do it to the worst n00bs?? :P

If anyone has copyright on some of those suggestions, please don't flame me! If anyone wants to be mentioned as the original person to come op with one of the suggestions, just tell me then :)

That's all being worked on :) Except for that modcommand, but I think it's already implemented - only not used (as far as I know...)

i think most mods no longer know what commands they can use as this info was on the old board but not transferd anywhere on the new (that i know of that is)...