Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goatsgomoo

Security For Eveybody's Favorite Os!

Linux [WOOH!] can't read NTFS.

Um, yeah it can.

And if you have ntfs.sys you can write to it as well... But who uses ntfs in these ReiserFS days?

I'm assuming you mean as in the captive-ntfs implementation? (http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/)

How about you create an account for yourself (under the pretence of wanting your own, evil backgrounds and screensavers, just think of something), then install Doom3, set the "folder only accesable for this account" option to true (or whatever its called 0.0, rightclick, proporties, sharing, it should be tehre somewhere), and then delete about every start menu, desktop and quicklaunch icon you can find on your parents account... That always worked for me :)

How about you create an account for yourself (under the pretence of wanting your own, evil backgrounds and screensavers, just think of something), then install Doom3, set the "folder only accesable for this account" option to true (or whatever its called 0.0, rightclick, proporties, sharing, it should be tehre somewhere), and then delete about every start menu, desktop and quicklaunch icon you can find on your parents account... That always worked for me :)

And somehow take over admin privileges too? ...Remember, his parents aren't computer illiterate... if they are anything like me (as an admin) this would work...well...maybe 3 minutes.

ggm,

After reading all the posts, i have determined a few things.

1.) you should just get the 3.7, it'll be a lot easier.

2.) if you don't get 3.7, you're screwed.

3.) if 2 happens, divorce your parents and move out of state. someone out there is dying to have a kid around.

4.) if you don't like 3, just accept it that you'll have to wait until x-mas break to play.

5.) sorry, i can't really be of any help, i'm pretty worthless

errr...well... i couldnt create a 2nd account and let my parents know about it, because, well... im the only person who ever uses my comp, so they would be suspicious of me telling them that i made a 2nd account...

quint, i won't play it at x-mas cuz im not allowed to play M-rated games (with the exception of Doom 3)

aepox, this game ins't laggy. it's you ;) ^_^

You coudl always create a hidden account...google it on how to do it.

Once you create your hidden account to log into it, all you have to do is press alt ctrl del at the login screen. This will bring up the class "login" box. You just enter the username and pass for yoru hidden accoutn and wa la! ;)

You coudl always create a hidden account...google it on how to do it.

Once you create your hidden account to log into it, all you have to do is press alt ctrl del at the login screen.  This will bring up the class "login" box.  You just enter the username and pass for yoru hidden accoutn and wa la!  :blink:

erm...my comp already does that except the control alt delete part. And like I said before, my parents probably would take my computer hostage.... and the $600 computer I partially paid for is worth more to me than a $60 game my dad paid for... even though its so good I think I might have not be able to play EL during in-game nights :);)This comic was really right :blink:

Huh...ctrl alt del just brings up the login windows...nothign else lol...ti doesnet' "fix yoru computer" if you are at the login screen and messing up yoru comptuer isent; goignt o break it lol.. Just reinstall ;)

Huh...ctrl alt del just brings up the login windows...nothign else lol...ti doesnet' "fix yoru computer" if you are at the login screen and messing up yoru comptuer isent; goignt o break it lol..  Just reinstall ;)

errr...the login window appears automatically without pressing ctrl-alt-del... -_-

and when i do press ctrl alt del nothin happens

Just get teh 3.7...obviously none of you have considered the possibility of his parents setting a BIOS password...

DOS knows no hidden folders, nor does COMMAND.COM (Yes, spelled with capitals...)