Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

To-do List

Well, here's my general plan of action for the next few months. I'll be continually updating this list as well. Oh, and if any writers/contributors want to embark on a big project (eg. Tumaros - Great War *hint*), please post here as well, and maybe include ETA.

Lyanna's List

1) Finish creating the Eternal Land Fact Files for places (Stalled)

2) Write and collect stories for in-game bards (In-progress)

3) Finish off "A Tale of Vermor Castle" (ETA: Nov 2004)

4) Add racial descriptions to EL Fact Files (ETA: Dec 2004 - Jan 2005)

5) Add gods and religions to EL Fact Files (ETA: Jan-Feb 2005)

6) Compile Timeline of EL's History (ETA: Whenever Ent and other writers have given me sufficient information to form a framework)

7) Work on corrections to NPC scripts (ETA: Whenever I have time)

*Occasionally write short stories, following inspiration

*Continually maintain and update EL Fact Files as Entropy adds new quests and info.

*Always comment on and edit new contributions to Storylines Forum, and trawl through guild pages to find more stories.

(If anyone is kind enough to help me with some of these, especially with job 2 and the last two points, I'll be eternally grateful) :D

-Lyn-

I'll gladly help with giving my opinion on new stories as well as posting some random misc stories, and I'll try to help with the stories for the bards.

As always I'll be writing in the RP section too, so I might take some ideas from that...

Thanks so much, Geelef! And yeah, please bring some ideas from the RP forums, if you can. I've been wanting to include some of them, but not sure how...any help is appreciated greatly!

*sigh* After reading the Wish stories, I feel so depressed at the amount of work that has to be done for EL to even remotely come close to being such an immersive world.

I did pick up a few ideas, though. :P

-Lyn-

Don't be so depressed :P One step at a time, we'll eventually get where we want to be. Just start small and expand... as always :D

Hi Lyanna,

If you need any help with short stories or story lines, i can help. Most of the time, however, i lake the time/motivation to come up with a topic on my own. SO, if you want to assign something to me, i'd be more than happy to write it for you. I can hold my own when it comes to writing and am always open to criticisms(sp) and changes in my work. Or, if you just need someone to lighten the load, i'll be happy to assist in any way that i can. :P

Yay! :D:D It's so nice to have a volunteer, since half my writers have disappeared... :(

Quinticus, let's start off with something simple and go from there. Write me a story to explain the abadoned shipyard in Grubani Peninsula, and if possible, adapt it for bardic re-telling as well. The short story should be roughly about this length (can be longer, though, if you want), and for the bardic version try to follow this format. (You also might want to read Tumaros' Great Battle of Grubani to get some background, but it's not that necessary at the moment...)

Thanks a lot! :D:D

-Lyn-

No problem, i'll get on it. When do you want it by? i'm working full time and going to school full time, so i'll fill in the gaps. What ever to keep me busy :blink: . It'll probably be long, and you might have to do some editing (i can get a little slap happy with the detail stick sometimes).

Yay finally contributing...now i don't feel like i've been taking advantage of all the hard work you guys do for those playing.

couple of things i need to know...when should this writing take place? Whom should it concern (like the tribes from the war?)? and are there any special people i should enter into it? (characters currently playing, or had played in the past?)?

Just a couple of questions that might make it easier to write. :rolleyes:

Yay!  :P  :D  It's so nice to have a volunteer, since half my writers have disappeared...  :(

Quinticus, let's start off with something simple and go from there. Write me a story to explain the abadoned shipyard in Grubani Peninsula, and if possible, adapt it for bardic re-telling as well. The short story should be roughly about this length (can be longer, though, if you want), and for the bardic version try to follow this format. (You also might want to read Tumaros' Great Battle of Grubani to get some background, but it's not that necessary at the moment...)

Thanks a lot!  :D  :D

-Lyn-

On the bardic... line 14 is too long.

BTW, can I borrow a writer's time once I finish the manual to compile on windows? (Well, my small part actually). I need help on phrasing and removing vague-, pseudo-vague- and semi-vague-references, and making it easily readable. :rolleyes:

couple of things i need to know...when should this writing take place? Whom should it concern (like the tribes from the war?)? and are there any special people i should enter into it? (characters currently playing, or had played in the past?)?

Just a couple of questions that might make it easier to write. ;)

Unfortunately, I can't give you any dates or population settings yet - just create your own (leave it necessarily vague if you have to, for easier modification afterwards). You're free to write whatever you want, and I'll try and align it with Ent's storyline. As for WHEN to submit - no real deadline. Just write until you think it's finished. :P (Haha... I have so many things to do already, there's no real rush)

Okay, changing the bardic link to a new thread, and fixed line 14. CK, what manual are you talking about?

-Lyn-