Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tsen_Ang

Npc Trade Interface

i have a simple suggestion: make the npcs interfaces like the trading players interface. that would stop players going back and forth through store menus all the time to withdraw/deposit/buy/sell something. You have to click 5 times (and laggy people like me have to wait 5 times my ping between the menus)

I think this wouldn't be too hard to implement, a player clicks the trade button, clicks on the NPC and it automatically clicks on the player (emulating another player's behavior) to initiate the trade, and shows its inventory, just like a regular player.

Then the player makes a deal. If its a storage guy, he would show your stuff obviously, and would always accept your deals.

If its a shop npc, the player offers a trade then the NPC will only accept it if its a good deal (that is, the current npc prices) for x amount of items.

I'm willing to implement this if you find it interesting, as i know a little c/c++ but i'll need help from one of the devs to handle the server messages in the client and vice versa.