Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teranoz

Again..... prices

With the new pricing system I thought it was meant to prevent players from buying everything and make their own stuff or buy it from other players.

But in some things the system does not work that way.

Why would I make an iron chain if it is cheaper to buy in the shop than making it myself ?

There are a lot of other things that are cheaper to buy than to make.

The cheapest to make are leather pants (exp per gc loss).

This means no player will make an iron chain mail, but make pants to level instead.

A better system would be to let the loss per point exp decrease for higher items, so e.g. you loose 20 gc for gloves, 18 gc for pants, 10 gc for iron chain until you can make a small profit from higher level items.

I am not talking about stuff like boots or steel chain, because those items are not available in the shops.

At the moment if I want to go from lvl 11 to lvl 30 by making pants it would cost me about 90.000 gc (make pants, sell to Trik).

It is not possible to sell all to other players, because I would have to make more than 4000 pants to get to that lvl.

I'd have to agree if this is true, the price and exp. for manufactured items should be proportional to each other.

To be honest, except for lower lvl armours and weapons, i don't think u should be able to buy them from shops. That way we have more player interaction and bargaining :wink: