Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thorus

Harvest Medallion durability through Action Points

Exactly what it says on the tin. Could the random chance of destroying the Harvester Medallion be remade into durability based on Action Points or something? Random event happens when wearing the medallion - Action Points reduced. Not enough Action Points - break.

Edit:

Perhaps a "Dedicated Harvester" thingie...

Edited by Thorus

Bad idea - action points are already used a lot

• for harvesting amber used for global quest invance and treasure finders

• writing a big experience book

• If you use an enhanced sun medallion or an enhanced unicorn medallion

it's already hard to choose what you want to spend them on.

A very similar idea was proposed in this earlier thread

http://www.eternal-l...59&hl=harvester

I only searched for "durability", so I missed that.

From that thread I gather it's actually a big deal? I just broke two of mine, one of them on red astro, so I figured I'd give up on them entirely if nothing improves... Since, the one that broke on green even having survived a load of events and still didn't paid for itself. :unsure:

From that thread I gather it's actually a big deal? I just broke two of mine, one of them on red astro, so I figured I'd give up on them entirely if nothing improves... Since, the one that broke on green even having survived a load of events and still didn't paid for itself. :unsure:

Well it's probability ...

I broke 4 in one day, but also only one in a whole month (harvesting a lot). It's just how lucky you are when random number generator computes the numbers ;)

Well it's probability ...

I broke 4 in one day, but also only one in a whole month (harvesting a lot). It's just how lucky you are when random number generator computes the numbers ;)

And from the economic perspective, do they pay for themselves? Or is it merely something someone with lots of money to spend buys so they don't have to babysit their harvest more than absolutely necessary?

And from the economic perspective, do they pay for themselves? Or is it merely something someone with lots of money to spend buys so they don't have to babysit their harvest more than absolutely necessary?

Well, before the "dedicated harvester" i'd say that often they did not earn enough (gc)... When dedicated harvester perk came out i took it and now i make even some profit. It is of course not linear, because sometimes you earn more and sometimes less, but in average i make profit with harvester medallions and the perk. If you don't intend to use the meds all the time, don't take the perk ;)