Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fred_penner

Click to talk

I'd like to be able to click on a player and have the "/playername" appear in the console. Some players have screwed up names and it's hard to type them in, especially if they're walking away...

hmm, not a bad idea in fact. maybe have it trigger by typeing / and then looking at a person as that passes the name to the text display anyways...

I would suggest associate it with the right click of the mouse in the default (walk) mode...

I started to write a code for do it... (just for fun, if anyone wants to use it or if anyone wants to put that in game, i will put the final code here...)

I am just trying to find now how to write the /Username in the command field... and how to get the username...

Almost getting there... Found a very interestign function in the code, why noone told me about it??? lol.. is VERY usefull!!!

If You type "//" that is reclaced by /Player, where player is the last player you have pmed... Very usefull, isnt it? Should be announced, i thought lol...

I use that already.. it's been implemented for a long time :P

Think the manuak says something about it? maybe not.......

Well... I am trying hard to find it.... But didnt found it yet... Maybe anyone could help me?

How can i get the name of the player under the mouse? I developed the function to make the fred_penners suggestion, but i am havind problems in getting the players name... Something like last_pm_name (the fuction i wrote works fine with that variable lol...) But that is not what i want... I tried to find a similar variable that has the name of the player under the mouse in other files but found nothing...

Her is the fuction usign the last_pm_name (put it in the check_mouse_click function in interface.c, together with the //TRADE, //ATACK, etc...

//PM

if((current_cursor==CURSOR_EYE && right_click) || (action_mode==action_look && left_click))

{

if(object_under_mouse==-1)return;

if(thing_under_the_mouse!=UNDER_MOUSE_PLAYER)return;

int i;

int l=strlen(last_pm_from); //last_pm_from need to be changed to a variable that has the name of the player under the mouse...

input_text_line[input_text_lenght++]='/';	//and a space after it

for(i=0;i<l;i++)input_text_line[input_text_lenght++]=last_pm_from[i]; //last_pm_from need to be changed to a variable that has the name of the player under the mouse...

input_text_line[input_text_lenght]=' ';	//and a space after it

input_text_line[input_text_lenght+1]='_';

input_text_line[input_text_lenght+2]=0;

input_text_lenght++;

return;

}

BTW: I DONT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITIES IF YOU USE MY CODE AND IT DAMAGES YOUR GAME :wink:

Ok, i am almost there... i can now pick names from the actors_list (thankz Saderz for guiding me...), just dont understood (yet) how it works lol.... Looks like the way i did picks something like a random player name lol... And i need to find outo how to pick JUST the name, without the guild ID...

Whell...But now i have no time, I am going to university now, if anyone continued to write the code let me know...

//PM

if((current_cursor==CURSOR_EYE && right_click) || (action_mode==action_look && left_click))

{

if(object_under_mouse==-1)return;

if(thing_under_the_mouse!=UNDER_MOUSE_PLAYER)return;

int i;

int l=strlen(actors_list[UNDER_MOUSE_PLAYER]->actor_name);

input_text_line[input_text_lenght++]='/';	//and a space after it

for(i=0;i<l;i++)input_text_line[input_text_lenght++]=actors_list[UNDER_MOUSE_PLAYER]->actor_name[i];

input_text_line[input_text_lenght]=' ';	//and a space after it

input_text_line[input_text_lenght+1]='_';

input_text_line[input_text_lenght+2]=0;

input_text_lenght++;

return;

}

Btw, if anyone is asking "why is he doing that if Ent could write the code in one minute?", the answer is: Just because I am interested in learning how the game was made, and i think trying to make small things will help more than just reading codes.... ;-)