Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krabb

new map editor on Windows

Guest Krabb

Hi El-community!

I'm trying to get the new map editor compiled on windows (XP) with Dev-C++.

I downloaded the ELC_MAPEDITOR_BRANCH and solved the following issues:

(i) I first downloaded some GTK+ libaries from http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html (nearly every listed package) and installed them.

(ii) I fixed the Make.win file:

added:

MAPEDITOR_COBJ= map_editor/win.o map_editor/newmap_menu.o map_editor/tilewin.o \
map_editor/hud.o map_editor/tile_actions.o map_editor/obj3d_actions.o \
map_editor/file_chooser_gtk.o map_editor/mapeditor.o \
map_editor/map_actions.o map_editor/obj2d_actions.o \
map_editor/gtkinit.o

and additionally the line "$(MAPEDITOR_COBJ) \" to

COBJS= 
$(MAPEDITOR_COBJ) \
$(foreach FEATURE, $(FEATURES), $($(FEATURE)_COBJ))

(read Make.linux for reference)

(iii) I needed the dlfcn library, i took this one: http://code.google.com/p/dlfcn-win32/

But i still get this error log:

Compiler: Default compiler

Executing make...

make.exe -f "Makefile.win" all

gcc -march=i686 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O0 -ggdb -pipe -DWINDOWS -DELC -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DCONTEXT_MENUS -DCUSTOM_LOOK -DCUSTOM_UPDATE -DFUZZY_PATHS -DNEW_SELECTION -DNEW_SOUND -DNEW_TEX -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DTEXT_ALIASES -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_SHADER -DZLIB -fno-strict-aliasing -IC:\\Programme\\Dev-Cpp\\Include\\AL -IC:\\Programme\\Dev-Cpp\\Include\\SDL -mms-bitfields -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/gtk-2.0 -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/lib/gtk-2.0/include -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/atk-1.0 -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/cairo -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/pango-1.0 -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/glib-2.0 -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/lib/glib-2.0/include -IC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/include/libpng12 main.o -L. -lelc -lstdc++ -LC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/lib -lgtk-win32-2.0 -lgdk-win32-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangowin32-1.0 -lgdi32 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -LC:/Programme/Dev-Cpp/lib -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -llibxml2 -lSDL_net -lSDL_image -lsdl -lalut -lopenal32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -liconv -lcal3d -lm -lstdc++ -lz -lpng -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -o el.exe ./libelc.a(asc.o)(.text+0xc01): In function `my_UTF8Toisolat1': H:\C++\elm/asc.c:445: undefined reference to `iconv_open'

./libelc.a(asc.o)(.text+0xc2b):H:\C++\elm/asc.c:447: undefined reference to `iconv' ./libelc.a(asc.o)(.text+0xc36):H:\C++\elm/asc.c:449: undefined reference to `iconv_close'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make.exe: *** [el.exe] Error 1 Execution terminated

Has somebody else tried to compile the map-editor on windows so far? Or a clue what could cause this error? "iconv.h" is included in asc.c but for some reason the "undefined reference" exception occurs :/

Thanks in advance,

Helge

Hi,

The new map editor is not ready to run on Windows - the file selectors were not yet implemented (only gtk, that's why it asks you for it).

As of now, I don't think anyone is working on it. But feel free to hack the fileselector code if you wish.

Álvaro

Guest Krabb

Hey, that was a quick answer!

Thanks for the information regarding windows. Seems licke I need to implement the fileselector by myself. My linux maschine is more than 7 Years old an not capable of 3D applications :(

As of now, I don't think anyone is working on it.

Not now, but I'm planning to work on it after my exams and the following vacation. Any suggestions are welcome!

Krabb