Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scullsyk

Scullsyk the Mighty

Well, when i first woke up by the great wraith, my grandma beside me soothing me with calming words. She had been playing all but a week and yet had a name for herself...Shamara. I on the other hand wasn't so succesful.

I started out fighting rats. I was a smart beginner and spent my Time becoming stronger and soon was ready for goblins. My grandma by then was far more succesful then anyone thought could be. She was blessed by Alluwen and respected among the people. As she won the hearts of the creators I tumbled into the everlasting darkness of mortos.

I had been corrupted with power, for i was greedy. Mortos lured me into darkness with promises of wealth. At first, I fighted it. But soon i fell victim and started hurting innocent players for greed. Taking items the poor souls lost instead of saving them. This lasted for quite a while untill i met a sturdy elf named Alluwen. She whispered soothing words in my sleep until I realised who I had hurt. I was given helping hands by the great guild of Dao, and soon I realised what i should do.

I became a Bard, For I knew that it could bring me the power of good i so desprately desired. I soon began returning items lost, and then became a merchant. I started fighting badness and killing the sons and daughters of mortos. Now, you may se me killing The armed goblins and mining rock for money. I can tell stories of my adventures, but first i would like to know if you even want to hear them

(( Give me your feedback of my story, how did I do? ))

There is a big difference between a story about you playing the game of EL, and a story about your character existing in the world of EL. :medieval:

What you've written is a story about you (the player) playing the game of EL, through your avatar.

Can you write a story about you (the character Scullsyk) existing in the world of EL, with no reference to the player? (Tip: Think of Scullsyk as being a different person from you, the player. Who is he? Why is he called "the Mighty"? What is interesting about his life or his personality?)

That's the fundamental thing that is required for good character-based stories in EL. You're not writing about a player playing the game. You're writing about a character living within that world.

-Lyn-

Side-note: Of course, some writers are able to mix their playing experience into their character-driven story and disguise it very well. But it's usually a difficult thing to do, and not a good idea to attempt for beginners.

Edited by Lyanna

Now, I havent made it yet either, but i think your story sounds pretty good. Just make sure its about a story not stuff you do in the game, like "mining ore for money" or "killing armed goblins"

Other then that, sounds great! Cant wait to hear more from you. :(