Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Torg

Linux Bad Object Bug

A guild mate noticed a "Bad Ojbect" and I checked it out to confirm. No problems under the 1.20 windows client, but this appears under the latest CVS client (updated today).

[19:31:16] Something nasty happened while trying to process:

[19:31:16] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/misc_objects/stonebrick1.e3d"

It is the darker of the bricks that it can't open, and hence displays the "Bad Object" box.

I had the same problem under FreeBSD, it seems like the file was named incorrectly (stonebrick1.E3D or something)

As Linux/*NIX care about uppercase/lowercase it fails to open the file. If you rename it everything seems to be working.

/Enki

I had the same problem under FreeBSD, it seems like the file was named incorrectly (stonebrick1.E3D or something)

As Linux/*NIX care about uppercase/lowercase it fails to open the file. If you rename it everything seems to be working.

Ah uh. Good point.

That needs to get fixed in whatever repository holds the textures and things.

I've been seeing this on from the Gentoo ebuild, but didn't see it when I hand-upgraded the 1.1.2 installation. Seen in bricks on the TG castellations, PL harbour bollards, and a couple of other places. I'll check filename case tonight.

Just looking: There's a new ebuild for the EL data which appears to fix this issue:

# This file has the wrong name, #125302
mv 3dobjects/misc_objects/stonebrick1.E3D \
	3dobjects/misc_objects/stonebrick1.e3d

I can confirm that the bad object is fixed in the latest Gentoo ebuild of EL data.

Edited by trollson