Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fishem

Hotkeyable Recipes

Would be awesome if we could bind certain recipes to keys so i dont have to click 14 times (8 iron, 3 coal, 1 mix) to make 1 steel bar.

No it has nothing to do with the "scripting" you mean Spiritus. Have you ever played games like Quake or Duke Nukem 3D? Well anyways, binding keys to certain functions just gives players a way to assign controls in the game themselves. Basically, as it was in those action games I mentioned you can say e.g. "bind shot1 to mouse1" to configure the left button of the mouse to "attack", other ppl might use the mouse buttons for walking and shoot with keys on the keyboard.

What Fishem propably suggested was to give us the ability to either assign keys to a series of operations in-game like mixing stuff within the manufacture window, or to give the mixing combos values in code so ppl can decide what hotkeys they wanna use for each combo.

e.g: if 8 iron & 3 coal would be assigned to the value steelbar, then we would be able to type a commando into the console to bind this mixing combination to a key WE want:

console: bind steelbar CTRL+S (systax= bind [value] [hotkey])

So when you open the mixing window you just need to press "CTRL+S" once and 8 iron ores & 3 coal would be put into the mixing row if you have enough of those items in your inventory.

At least something similar to that. Although I think it would be much easier (also for dev's to code), if the items we select for mixing during a mixing-session just stay there after a successful mix and are taken automatically from our inventorty again if we have the required amount.

What do the others think?

exactly, i couldnt have said it better. There could be a limit on how many hotkeys we could make (say 2-3) so people would only do it for the things they were doing the most frequently. You could also just make it so when the player binds 'steelbar' to ctrl1 for instance it just fills his manu window with the goods from his inventory and he still has to combine it.

Kasg , like you said it is almost similar i doubt that this idea is even ilegal in the game and i really doubt it strongly that this sugestion would even care to be consider it by them

No, actually it's not because it will be a in-game feature. When you're talking about scripting and macros used outside of the game by 3rd party tools or stand-alone scripting files that's illegal stuff, in-game features are NOT.

Besides, to reduce coding it doesn't have to be made that complicated, I've already suggested just keeping items within the mixing row once selected until there are enough items in the inventory. So players have to click only on MIX, instead of putting the same reagents after a successful attempt into the mixing row again. You all know as good as I do that this is how LVL-ling is done in EL.... you just collect dozens of reagents needed, when you have enough you take as much as you can carry and mix them all in one session. Making this process more user-friendly would be very nice.

the problem with that i think is the way the manu code works right now. you add items, then when successful those items are put back in the main stacks and then removed from there. as this is serverside code i cant say why its done like this but it could be something with the fact that your moveing actual items around and not representations.

if one had representations one could then make a quicklist on the side of the screen so that one could pop stuff up there for fast access (nice for potions and weapon changes among other things). the actual item would not be up there, just a "pointer" to the real item. how to pull this of in code i dont know tho...