Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mireille

Terri Schiavo

Should Terri Schiavo be cut off from the life-supporting machinery?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Terri Schiavo be cut off from the life-supporting machinery?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't give a smeg.
    • Who's Terri Schiavo?

Simple reflexes. A sensory neuron carries information about a stimulous from your skin, for example, to your spinal cord. In your spinal cord the information is passed to motor neurons that go to muscles in your arm or hand, You pull your hand away quickly. The reflex is so rapid it takes plae before information about the event reaches your brain. Once it does reach your brain, you experience pain.

Some reflexes like this we are born knowing. Others are learned. Like saying ow, or ouch, or some curse word. Yes even a vocal expression can be triggered by motor neurons. People who are unconscious can often speak nonsense words. Word salad.

Terri could even probably sit up. As long as her brain stem is functional.

Pax.

Edited by Annastina

Why do we continue to discuss this? This thread isn't

helping her in any way.

other people may say i am incenstive but i say let it die.

God man there are peope dying every day in

iraq and we talk about this? it is

very silly in my opinion.

everyone has his or her opinion and we are not going to

solve anything this way.

All the people out there worried about her need to get a life

For gods sake just let nature take its corse.

unless you are god you can't say what should be done

couldn't we just agree to disagree and

keep things sivilized in here?

30 allegations of abuse.. just remember, had her husband not abused her and very possibly caused her condition, nature would have taken its course just fine (in other words, nature would have been fine and she'd be conscious).

It's not about needing to 'get a life.' It's about keeping an innocent woman alive. If she was clinically 100% brain dead, fine, let her go with God. Don't torture her like this to kill her though.

The problem is she is not 100% brain dead. She is partially brain dead. Her cerebral cortex has died, the dead cells were removed by her own body. She did have elevated levels of potassium I read somewhere that is what damaged her heart. Short term levels that high would have caused a noticeable dementia. I agree with Daxon... the husband is quite suspicious as far as I am concerned.

I think we are being civilized here. Not at the point of flames, yet. I've been called a murderer by a grieving family. I am sure Daxon has been called a murderer from just by being a soldier.

This case is important because it will set a precedent for a partially brain dead victim.. This will become another controversial subject like abortion and all the others. Doctors HAVE to follow the law, however. Even if they feel it is wrong. In this case, her husband has the right to decide wheter to continue life support.

Pax.

Edited by Annastina

If I was terri and I could suddenly speak I would yell at the media for making money off of this, those money whores.

:P

No point to this topic, no point to any topic, it matters nowhere.

It's very possible his 'abuse' included not giving her adequate food before her potassium build up. That would have caused it. You wouldn't believe how many cases worldwide have a spouse, usually male, depriving their mate of food.

The law is ridiculous. One person is allowed to cause someone's condition, then he's allowed to say to kill her legally or not. There is no 'will' written, which is binding matter. Without a will, you have no final wishes granted to you. Then again, I'm positive she did not say 'starve me to death' in her will to begin with. The Supreme Court is a panel of morons.

30 allegations of abuse.. just remember, had her husband not abused her and very possibly caused her condition, nature would have taken its course just fine (in other words, nature would have been fine and she'd be conscious).

It's not about needing to 'get a life.' It's about keeping an innocent woman alive. If she was clinically 100% brain dead, fine, let her go with God. Don't torture her like this to kill her though.

I am not changing the subject. i am just trying to find out if you really care about human life and suffering or are you just a flavor of the month protesetor.