Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raziel

??????????????????

i tried to make a map for the rangers domain but i reade the read me file for the map editor and im not that computer savvy :roll: so could soemone tell me how to put biuldings and stuff cause all i could do was put some tiles down also is there a way to seean overveiw of your map? or do i have to draw that (ya know like whenu press tab in the game)

If ya wanna put down a house, first hit 'g', so youll see nice white lines throughout the map. Then click on the cubus button (third from the left, if I remember correctly), then click the open button, and select the file of the house you want to place. Just move your mouse over the map again to place it (ins, del, home, end, page up and page down rotate the house on several axes). Don't forget to heightmap it correctly (that is, make all tiles under the house nonwalkable, by clicking the heightmap button, click the open button, select the darkest tile and place it everywhere something else stands, hit tab if you're doing heightmaps for hills or stairs, itll move the colored tiles to their 3d height.)