Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
popeye

Skeptic w bad luck?

A cavern wall collapsed on PoPeYe, and hit for 28 points. If there is no cavern wall nearby, can you imagine how unlucky this person was?!

You stopped harvesting.

karaxeve: sand spinach

You started to harvest Titanium Ore.

You stopped harvesting.

A cavern wall collapsed on PoPeYe, and hit for 28 points. If there is no cavern wall nearby, can you imagine how unlucky this person was?!

You stopped harvesting.

karaxeve: wow popeye is dead and buried

Craft: and choose the 2 sigils

A cavern wall collapsed on PoPeYe, and hit for 23 points. If there is no cavern wall nearby, can you imagine how unlucky this person was?!

You stopped harvesting.

karaxeve: wow

Craft: ouch :laugh:

Your Pickaxe has been destroyed

You stopped harvesting.

A cavern wall collapsed on PoPeYe, and hit for 15 points. If there is no cavern wall nearby, can you imagine how unlucky this person was?!

You stopped harvesting.

PoPeYe: it's too high for you

PoPeYe: not you, that was for pm

PoPeYe's Pickaxe just broke... So sad..

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

Is that a bug? I thought this sort of thing didn't happen with skeptic. That was the second pickaxe. I removed the guild chat.

Edited: Dang mn is trying to kill me. Now a fifth pickaxe.

Edited by popeye

The same thing happens with me some days,

kinda frustrating that you can't get rid of it anymore

@ Rayla1 - You should get a outlaw removal perk.

On topic - Damn that is nuts. Wonder why that happens.. Skeptic removes the astro completly so maybe you just happened to have some really BAD luck.

PaulB

Skeptic doesn't remove events though. Didn't any of you ever have a run of events or a great harvest run and fill up with no events before astro even came into the game?

Skeptic doesn't remove events though. Didn't any of you ever have a run of events or a great harvest run and fill up with no events before astro even came into the game?

Not very often. Titanium cave is always active.

Normally, with astrology, you have a basic chance +/- the astrology bonus/malus. The average of all the astrology bonuses or maluses is 0 (the only difference is that certain days will be worse, others will be better). With the Skeptic perk, all days will be the same.

But, on average, you will have the same amount of events / breakages with or without the Skeptic perk, only the distribution will be different (uniform at all times with the perk, variable without the perk) so there is no impact on your... ehm... life expectancy. You will have "standard luck", rather than "good luck" one day, "bad luck" another, but luck is still random.

As the description of the perk says: "The Astrology does not apply to you: no bonuses, no penalties".

Pops this is probably more to do with you being in the titanium mine, which has crazy levels of events regardless of skeptic or no skeptic.

USL, i see where your coming from but quite honestly I dont know if what your saying is entirely true. Maybe your right and sooner or later a day will come when every single bee in EL will wait for me in the roses.

Since getting skeptic ive noticed a VAST decrease in negative harvesting events, and combined with NMT perk ive broken alot less armor than I used to. Plus I dont have to worry about when I can or cannot make armors due to increased failures. I did stick with astro for a long time to see what it was about and if it would help my gaming experience, im just glad the skeptic perk was made available.

There are days with good astro where I can harvest tons of flowers and quartz and stuff without a single event and there are days where I can fill the whole screen with orange spam.

But usually you'll just notice the bad days because you get the events. You'll not notice when you don't get events. Quite simple.

At first I was against astrology at all because in RL that stuff is BS. But since it's in the game I'll have to get used to it and you can work with it just fine. Harvest on days with less events. Fight on days with good break rates and mix when you've low fail rate. There is so much to do in game so I only rarely get stopped by bad astro.

Random. You can find 10 nexus removal stones in a row too. Or 500 NMT capes in a row. Or spend all day harvesting ore, and not managing to harv 1 ore, since every single time your pickaxe breaks.

This game is based on randomness.

idk about yall.. but i just have this bad feeling about skeptic.. i was going to get it.. but the fact that you cant get rid of it.. its like there is something planned for the future thats gonna make you wish you had never gotten skeptic or something.. lol i guess im kinda skeptic of the skeptic perk..

idk about yall.. but i just have this bad feeling about skeptic.. i was going to get it.. but the fact that you cant get rid of it.. its like there is something planned for the future thats gonna make you wish you had never gotten skeptic or something.. lol i guess im kinda skeptic of the skeptic perk..

Think the fee was $500 or something like that to remove it :)

Another bad day.............

While harvesting, pOpEyE upset a radon pouch, and was hit for 30 points of radiation damage.

You stopped harvesting.

whitelightlord's Pickaxe just broke... So sad..

pOpEyE just hit a teleport nexus, and departed us.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You are too far away! Get closer!

You stopped harvesting.

While harvesting, pOpEyE upset a radon pouch, and was hit for 30 points of radiation damage.

You stopped harvesting.

Electric just hit a teleport nexus, and departed us.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting

You see: Electric

Electric just hit a teleport nexus, and departed us.

Mother Nature got pissed off at pOpEyE, who lost 18 health

Edited by popeye

Left time indexes out for a reason?

I copied that from the terminal. There are no time indexes listed there. These were all consecutive. I have no idea where the chat log's located in linux. I run a cvs client.

Post count is post count, sounds like. :/

and the purpose of your own personal brain fart is what ?

back to topic : after taking skeptic it seems sometimes like i dont have it lol especially at that silver ore in Kusa , mebbe some places are just more active, and with titanium thats definately true, its probably one of the worst things to mine for events, skeptic or no skeptic

Edited by Ateh

Last night I had my col degrade, then Tankel screwed it up completely, and this morning my MM got shred to pieces (jajaja i know i should take it off when fighting... ). I am skeptic, and have the NMT perk.

Good thing both items lasted me for so long. The col for about 3 months and I've been training intensively with it on clops/fluffy/feros, the MM cloak I had for as long as I can remember (probably over a year ago since i got it).

I've alway been real happy with skeptic, and don't think I will ever regret it, or feel the need to get it undone. I still get the occasional stone find, and I still get enriched essies every now and then. To me the real upside is that when I go training, I just know what to do because there aren't such big fluctuations anymore. Plus, no more need for astrostones!

txbai!