Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Exe

Banned in Redmoon

Guest Exe

Last night, I (Exebius) was in Redmoon harvesting and such. My wife (Paie) came to Redmoon, her first time in that area, so decided to show her around. (caves, ores, etc). Apperantly, during this walking around, the MOD Aislinn must have believed that Paie was a mule ch I was moving with me. Later in the evening, Ansggy (sp), a character I did not know, began asking me questions regarding how many people in my household played, and such. I ignored him, as I did see why he should know that information. At the same time, I imagine, mod Aislinn sent messages to Paie, who was afk at the time and did not answer. As such, shortly there after she was banned, and then I too was banned.

I hope this helps explain what happened.

Here are my issues:

1. There were two mods checking and comparing actions between Exebius and paie. Never during the entire episode did these two characters say anything at the same time. As a matter of fact, the only actions that were simultaneous were harvesting and walking, both of which can be done and left while the action continues. At one point I considered there might even be a macro involved, which you will see in my chat.

2. When both characters tried to log in after being locked, at no time did they try at the same time. The pattern and time differentials were absolutely those of one person trying multiple times to log in with a character then switching to the other character for multiple times then switching back to the first...repeat. NEVER did they try at the same time which would be normal for two people. NEVER did any attempts of one character overlap the other.

3. During the course of your conversation with asgnny, you offered to have your wife create a new alt to come online to talk to us. Well she came online with an alt soon after, yes...thing is, that alt was already made at least an hour ago before you suggested that.

4. Your wife's version of what happened in her conversation with asgnny doesn't match up to what happened. I saw her at storage, afk right outside the door at first. She then walked INTO storage. She wasn't in a cave as she stated. I mod-pm'd her 3 times, and never got an answer. However, the character did manage to start harvesting and start walking, so the excuse of doing dishes doesn't hold up either. Yet she did not answer me until I teleported her to wraith. Then she kept walking away still without saying anything!

Here is my timeline of what happened from my logs. Note this comes after looking in your logs and seeing LOTS of same IP trading.

**Note** Spaces are channels 1 and 2 and help_requests removed, was a bit spammy.

[23:43:29] Welcome to Nargash storage!

[23:43:52] paie's last action was harvesting, 671 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:43:58] Exebius's last action was harvesting, 5 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:46:01] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: anybody know offhand if we have a claim of paie and exabius being husband/wife or some such thing?

[23:46:13] #Mod Chat from asgnny: I don't know either

[23:46:25] #Mod Chat from DustPuppy: me either.

[23:47:22] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: both are sitting harvesting by south redmoon storage, and lots of same IP trades

[23:47:56] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: nobody posted in our thread about them

[23:49:32] #Mod Chat from asgnny: what was the second name? (exabius doesn't bring anything up for me)

[23:50:38] #Mod Chat from DustPuppy: paie

[23:50:58] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: sorry, Exebius and paie

[23:52:38] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: in ELG guild

[23:52:39] #Mod Chat from asgnny: their stats don't seem particularly suspicious

[23:52:57] paie's last action was harvesting, 1209 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:53:13] Exebius's last action was harvesting, 3 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:53:32] #Mod Chat from asgnny: want to start up simultaneous conversations?

[23:53:46] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: well i know exebius is active, paie is not

[23:53:51] paie's last action was harvesting, 1262 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:54:23] #Mod Chat from asgnny: paie has low magic, which is a bit awkward, but low p/c so it's not likely a mule

[23:54:54] #Mod Chat from asgnny: and 3 magic vs. 0, so the char at least went to the trouble of buying sigils

[23:55:44] Welcome to Nargash storage!

[23:56:01] Exebius's last action was harvesting, 7 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:56:42] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: ok talk to exebius and i'll talk to paie

[23:56:50] [Mod PM to paie: hello, you here?]

[23:56:55] #Mod Chat from asgnny: exebius = afk message

[23:57:02] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: >.<

[23:57:06] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: paie walked away

[23:57:16] #Mod Chat from asgnny: harvesting 7 seconds ago, now 2...so he's there for sure

[23:57:30] [Mod PM to Exebius: hello]

[23:57:30] #Mod Chat from asgnny: responded now

[23:57:43] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: no answer from paie

[23:58:11] [PM from Exebius: Greetings]

[23:58:26] paie's last action was harvesting, 1 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:58:46] paie's last action was harvesting, 1 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:58:53] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: still nothing from paie

[23:59:09] [Mod PM to paie: hello?]

[23:59:15] paie's last action was harvesting, 15 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[23:59:19] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: yet action

[23:59:55] Mother Nature got pissed off at soul_guardian. As such, s/he lost 14 health

[00:00:17] [Mod PM to paie: please answer me]

[00:00:30] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: is exebius still talking?

[00:00:32] #Mod Chat from asgnny: yup

[00:00:42] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: paie harvesting but has yet to answer 3 mpm's

[00:00:50] #Mod Chat from asgnny: he says it's his only character, I'll get to asking about paie shortly

[00:01:20] paie's last action was harvesting, 138 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[00:01:36] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: going to send paie to wraith, see if that gets an answer

[00:01:47] Excellent, paie was relayed to the Newbie Helper.

[00:01:53] You were sent to the Newbie Helper by Aislinn.

[00:01:53] Excellent, Aislinn was relayed to the Newbie Helper.

[00:01:54] #Mod Chat from asgnny: exebius stopped talking for a little while now

[00:01:59] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: yep and paie moved

[00:02:05] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: but still did not answer me

[00:02:11] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: standing still at wraith

[00:02:18] paie's last action was harvesting, 196 seconds ago, last produced (nothing)

[00:02:19] #Mod Chat from asgnny: now a response from him

[00:03:51] [PM from paie: why did u warp me away?]

[00:04:01] [PM to paie: took you this long to see?]

[00:04:37] #Mod Chat from asgnny: exebius is just standing in srm storage now, again no answer for a while...hasn't even clicked on Grrawl yet (last action 180 seconds or so)

[00:04:43] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: might even be macro, he was walking when i tmth's him and he just noticed now

[00:04:48] [PM from paie: yes]

[00:04:57] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: paie asked me why i warped him away but ages after i did so

[00:05:16] #Mod Chat from asgnny: I just pulled exebius outside of storage

[00:05:27] #Mod Chat from asgnny: still no action for 250+ seconds

[00:05:29] Excellent, paie was relayed to the Newbie Helper.

[00:05:40] Excellent, paie was relayed to the Newbie Helper.

[00:05:53] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: i keep bringing him bakc and he just walks away without saying anything

[00:05:55] [PM from paie: why r u doing that?]

[00:06:01] [PM to paie: why don't you answer me]

[00:06:04] [PM from paie: i;m not doing anything wrong]

[00:06:05] [PM to paie: when i talk to you]

[00:06:16] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: anything there?

[00:06:18] #Mod Chat from asgnny: now a response from exebius at 287 seconds without action

[00:06:22] [PM from paie: cause i thought u were talking to somebody else]

[00:06:23] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: ok i'm locking both

[00:06:35] #Mod Chat from Aislinn: i had the action here

[00:06:36] [PM from paie: besides i'm not used to see PMs in RED]

Considering all that's been said and all that I've seen, and the stats, I am quite sure there are two legitimate owners for these two characters. I am also quite sure one person was running both characters at this time.

Guest paie

Exebius my husband told me to go to Redmoon to harvest iron and flowers. It was my first time in that place so I meet him there. I decided to cook dinner for Exebius, our son and myself and left my character (paie) harvesting iron in the cave. While I was cooking I went AFK, I came back and ignore Aislinn PM's. First because I don't know no who Aislinn was and because i am use to ignore others PMs because of an incident that happened a few months ago. So when I came back I was already overloaded with iron and decided to go to the storage. It was at that time when Aislinn took me back to Isla Prisma and gave me an automatic message saying that Aislinn did it. Then I decided to PM him and he reply "So now, you are not ignoring my messages" and booted me with no explanations. I yealed at my husband that someone booted me form EL. THen shortly there after he was booted too with no explanations. Well, the only explanation the he gave us it was just the regular RULES and Bolded in red what i can imagine is #5 somehting about DON"T CHEAT.

We had to create new characters in order to talk to Aisleen. That is when I paie decided to Pm Asgnny and he gave us a better explanation. I don't know what other explanation to give you all but I can TELL you that we are TWO DIFFERENT PERSONS WITH TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTER AND WITH TWO DIFFERENT LAPTOPS. What else can we do????????We do want to go back to the game. Just remember that I do go AFK lots of times to do my daily shores and take care of our two year old son......... :D

Guest Exe

I can only asure you that I was not controling both characters. I was not aware Asgnny was some type of MOD, and as such, when he began teleporting me, I began relaying the msg to my guild members, as I thought he was some type of hacker, or attempting to hack my character. I was not idle, I was typing messages.

I can only asure you that I was not controling both characters.

Actually you can address the issues I brought up, points 1. 2. 3. and 4.

I decided to cook dinner for Exebius, our son and myself and left my character (paie) harvesting iron in the cave.

So when I came back I was already overloaded with iron and decided to go to the storage. It was at that time when Aislinn took me back to Isla Prisma and gave me an automatic message saying that Aislinn did it.

This account does not coincide with the actions of your character, Paie. I don't know whether it was you, your husband, or an evil conspiring ficus plant, but someone was moving your character around, in/out of storage, harvesting, and walking around whilst ignoring bright red Mod PM's. As far as the Mod PM's, themselves, first you said you were AFK for them, then later just said you ignored as any other PM.

Perhaps the two of you need to figure out who or what it was controlling Paie during this time.

Guest Exe

I can only asure you that I was not controling both characters.

Actually you can address the issues I brought up, points 1. 2. 3. and 4.

1. Once asgnny began asking questions regarding ch's in my household, I ignored him, on purpose. Never throughout the entire time, that being from talking at the Tree MS to the time my ch was banned, did I leave my computer. The lapses in action you describe are when I was typing msgs to other guild members.

2. I can only say this is coincidence. I tried to log back in a few times, as did she.

3. If she created a second character beforehand, so be it. I was not aware of it.

4. If there is some mix up here, I will let Paie clear it up.

Guest paie

I want to apologize to Aisalinn for any confusion that i caused. I normally ignore pms from people i don't know, I had never been message by a MOD before, and therefore didn't notice the difference. I ask you to let us play again Exebius my husband and paie.............

[23:59:09] [Mod PM to paie: hello?]

[00:00:17] [Mod PM to paie: please answer me]

You ignore bright red messages that say "Mod PM from XYZ"?

that's about as smart as ignoring a gun in your face and a guy in a uniform yelling "freeze! don't move!"

- seriously, i find that quite self-explanatory and unmistakeable, and it definitely stands out optically aswell.

Here's the deal:

1. Your stories don't match each other, your stories change, I get vague answers if any to what I ask...

2. Yes I believe there are two characters and two people who own them but there is NO doubt in my mind 1 person was running both characters when asgnny and I were there.

3. Somebody is covering up for somebody else, and for all I know neither of you could have been on the characters, and your ebul secret ficus was. I don't care anymore, I am tired of playing word games with you.

Short version: I don't believe a word either of you has said. However, you both are free to start new characters and level them without using each other's to help yourself.

1. You both WILL respond to mod pm's from now on. There is no excuse for not, there was no excuse for not in this story. It clearly states MOD PM from: in RED. I don't want to hear excuses you didn't know what a mod was ( :) ) or the pm was different so you ignored it or you thought the mod was hacking you blah blah blah. Come on.

2. I will be watching your logs. I don't want to see same IP trading and I don't want to see loads of crap go from one account to the other even if you don't use the trade window. (yes horribly unfair I know, poor you...you don't get to play now like other normal 2 people...well guess what, lying and taking advantage of BEING two people and using that person's character yourself is not fair either)

3. If I or any other mod EVER sees anything suspicious like this again, both of you will be relocked and no more chances to tell stories and try to pull the wool over our eyes. :D

And to the rest of you out there:

Using somebody else's character on your IP to help yourself is NOT legal. If we EVER see somebody taking advantage of having more than one legitimate players/people on one IP and using that character to illegally multiplay, there WILL be consequences to pay. Anybody thinking they can pull this off won't get away with it so easily, consider this fair warning to you all.