Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

Hmmm,

I've seen some very good suggestions for formulas so far especially from Geldon in another topic.

But if you're now asking for suggestions, then it'll take a few weeks again before this is fixed.

I really can't wait that long, harvesting is my main skill, without that I can't train anything.

So I really suggest changing it back or increase the harvest speed untill you make up your minds and fix it completely.

Greetz,

Salem

Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

Yes I would :(

mmm...howbout...

8 (this stands for secounds and what woudl be if you had level 0) --food level / 2 (well..since two negatives equal a postives, if your food level is below 0 and -10 for example, you woudl dived that by 2 and get 5, adding 5 secounds to your starter harvest time) - harvest level/5 (so if you had 30 harvest, you woudl get to subtract 6 secounds)

So in result you would be harvesting at 7 secounds per harvest...but lets say you had your food level above 0 and it woudl only be 2 secounds to harvest one thing. With this formula it gives an incintive for the begginer players to raise there levels and for the higher players to enjoy fast harvesting...but it also factors in your food level (you can't work on a empty stumach :blink:)

EDIT: OK, to make thigns simpler here's a reletively simple Algebreic equation with the variables stated at the beggining....

B --the beggining time that everything starts with...I think 8 would best suit this number but whatever....

F --Food Level...if postive this is 0

H --Harvest level

B - - F/2 - H/5

**remember -- would make a positive number...hope you gusy pay attention ins chool :blink:

Edited by chatterbug89

Ok i held a meeting in wsc here are some ideas we gathered. One thing was from fruit down should not be affected much as this is a way for noobies to level a little. Second thing is yes all mierals should take more time too harvest but depending on your harvest level and item you are harvesting with it's levels like level 20 can harvest 1 coal every 20 secs and level 60 gets 1 coal every 2 secs diamonds for level 20 1 every 30 seconds level 60 i every 3 seconds something like that. Some people also stated they did not like having autoharvest they liked there own and requested an on/off button to use the autoharvest feature. So basically what we have said is harvest spped= item harvested devided by players levels of harvesting i cant do formulations i am a redneck sorry....this goes for alch and manu as well this is what i ediited

*smiles at mention of his on/off thing*

How about (Recommended Level - Your Harvesting Skill Level/2) / 4, but with a minimum of Recommended Level/10? Also, if harvesting and manu are going to take longer, would you consider increasing xp per item?

Also, please give us the option of still getting the "The harvested X" messages, without them it just seems like you are doing nothing.

Last request, please, please get rid of teleporting with harvesting? Pretty please?

B --the beggining time that everything starts with...I think 8 would best suit this number but whatever....

H --Harvest level

B - - F/2 - H/5

**remember -- would make a positive number...hope you gusy pay attention ins chool tongue.gif

I like this equation better :blink:

I don't like level requirements on anything, how are newbs going to harvest if they have low harvest level and that makes it all slower ?

I would rather like to have it like, longer you sit and harvest the faster it gets and the more you need food

my list:

GOOD

* Bug fixs for remote spells in strange situations

* Security updates for troublemakers

* #demigod command for mods to help in running PK contests

* Server based autoharvest, click to start, click to stop

* #beam me up is disabled on some maps for lvl 20+

* EFE is now required for Titanium long, serpent, & chain

* Two EFE are now needed for Iron Plate

* Multiple other bug fixes

BAD

* Manufacuring & harvesting how takes more time depending on how complex it is

* Harvesting Sulfur now required leather gloves

* #beam me up is disabled on some maps for lvl 20+

* Trik no longer buys Iron Shields, or Steel Longs Swords

* Price adjusted on Titanium bars

* Manufacuring & harvesting how takes more time depending on how complex it is

* Harvesting Sulfur now required leather gloves

This is just in my opinion of course. anything that can help the economy is partially good.

Noobs can harvest the low level stuff which, even with the current system, takes

almost no time... several of the lowest flowers have a required level of 0, so I

guess the time gets set to some minimum value, probably 1 second.

Suggested Harvest Interval Formula

Harvesting interval (in seconds) = [(Recommended level + 1) * (Player Harvest Level + 2)/2] / (Player's Harvest level +1)

<In all cases of fractions, interval is rounded up to the nearest second.>

That means:

Newb with Harv 0, going for red snaps (level 0):

Harv interval

= [(0+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (1 * 1) / 1

= 1 second per harvest.

Newb with Harv 0, going for fruit (level 18):

Harv interval

= [(18+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (19 * 1)/1

= 19 seconds per harvest

Newb with Harv 0, going for Diamonds (level 40):

Harv interval

= [(40+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (41 * 1)/1

= 41 seconds per harvest

Expert with Harv 60, going for red snaps (level 0):

Harv interval

= [(0+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (1 * 62)/61

= 1 second per harvest (rounded up)

Expert with Harv 60, going for fruit (level 18):

Harv interval

= [(18+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (19 * 31) / 61

= 9.65 seconds

= 10 seconds per harvest (rounded up)

Expert with Harv 60, going for diamonds (level 40):

Harv interval

= [(40+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60 +1)

= (41 * 31) / 61

= 1271 / 61

= 20.83 seconds per harvest

= 21 seconds per harvest (rounded up)

How's that sound?

Oh, and maybe harvest notification messages at 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. of items collected. ("You have harvested 20 red snapdragons so far! Click to stop.)

-Lyn-

That's even slower than what it is now, if they implemented rec level / 4... which would be 18/4 = 4.5 -> 5 for fruit and 40/4 = 10 for diamonds

What makes it seem particularly slow is that you don't get any "failed" messages, so you only see successes, so if you're harvesting something difficult, which you might fail 90% of the time on, which is supposed to take 5 seconds, its around 50 seconds between each success, which is all you can see (by your invetory changing or xp increasing)

Guest Deluge

I think that the new harvesting system is just fine. Everyone wants to use their own auto-miners anyway so they can harvest faster. With the new system it is more fair for everyone, including newbies and people with slower computer that don't have their personal auto-miner, to harvest.

I think the in-game autoharvester is fine, but maybe speeding it up a little might calm some complaints.

H --Harvest level

B - - F/2 - H/5

I think this formula is a good start, i feel that the time taken to harvest fruit, vegetables and flowers should start around 1 second as the beginning level, this would make things a lot fairer for noobies.

Harvesting interval (in seconds) = [(Recommended level + 1) * (Player Harvest Level + 2)/2] / (Player's Harvest level +1)

-Lyn-

i don't think this is too good, why should it take 10 seconds for somone with such a large harvesting level to harvest fruit?

The system should end up somewhere like the old system, most people would still be happy if it only took an extra 2 minutes more to harvest than it used to, aslong as it doesn't take an extra hour like it does now.

For the next update, could you post what you propose two days or more before you apply it, this would allow discussion and probly less flames, as it allows everyone to calmly discuss the situation, evaluate the inpact, and determine how it will effect the economy.

how about testing updates on the testing server first, and tell us all to test it for you before you apply it, then we can discover the impacts before it is too late.

QUOTE (chatterbug89 @ Nov 22 2004, 10:56 PM)

H --Harvest level

B - - F/2 - H/5

I think this formula is a good start, i feel that the time taken to harvest fruit, vegetables and flowers should start around 1 second as the beginning level, this would make things a lot fairer for noobies.

QUOTE (Lyanna @ Nov 22 2004, 11:09 PM)

-Lyn-

i don't think this is too good, why should it take 10 seconds for somone with such a large harvesting level to harvest fruit?

Ha! he liked mine better :blink: To tell you the truth..it would be nice if they used a formula like mine...but i'll eventually get use to the current "slowness"...oh well...i don't care as much anymore

That means:

Harv interval

= [(0+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (1 * 1) / 1

= 1 second per harvest.

Harv interval

= [(18+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (19 * 1)/1

= 19 seconds per harvest

Harv interval

= [(40+1) * (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (41 * 1)/1

= 41 seconds per harvest

Harv interval

= [(0+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (1 * 62)/61

= 1 second per harvest (rounded up)

Harv interval

= [(18+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (19 * 31) / 61

= 9.65 seconds

= 10 seconds per harvest (rounded up)

Harv interval

= [(40+1) * (60+2)/2] / (60 +1)

= (41 * 31) / 61

= 1271 / 61

= 20.83 seconds per harvest

= 21 seconds per harvest (rounded up)

How's that sound?

Oh, and maybe harvest notification messages at 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. of items collected. ("You have harvested 20 red snapdragons so far! Click to stop.)

-Lyn-

This looks really great Lyanna, but I suggest changing some stuff in that formulae, for example :

Harvesting interval (in seconds) = [(Recommended level + 1) + (Player Harvest Level + 2)/2] / (Player's Harvest level +1)

That will make it :

Harv interval

= [(0+1) + (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (1 + 1) / 1

= 2 second per harvest. (suggest changing all flowers to 2flowers per harvest, like the red snaps)

Harv interval

= [(18+1) + (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (19 + 1)/1

= 20 seconds per harvest

Harv interval

= [(40+1) + (0+2)/2] / (0+1)

= (41 + 1)/1

= 42 seconds per harvest

Harv interval

= [(0+1) + (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (1 + 31)/61

= 1 second per harvest (rounded down would be zero, so it goes to 1)

Harv interval

= [(18+1) + (60+2)/2] / (60+1)

= (19 + 31) / 61

= 1.61 seconds

= 1 seconds per harvest (rounded down)

Harv interval

= [(40+1) + (60+2)/2] / (60 +1)

= (41 + 31) / 61

= 72 / 61

= 1.18 seconds

Now, and this is why I changed the * to a + :

Harv interval

= [(60+1) + (60+2)/2] / (60 +1)

= (61 + 31) / 61

= 92 / 61

= 1.50 seconds

It would make sense to me that when you have the required level, it would only take 1 second, I mean did it make sense when you typed a lvl 60 expert that harvests a lvl 40 thing would take 20 seconds per harvest?

Thats way too long don't you think ?

And for the messages, they seem superB :blink:

I'ld like to add :

You stopped harvesting "name". (You never seem to know when you stop)

And remove the autostop when ur at max harvest exp please, thanks :(

But untill it's all done, can you please speed it up for now or change it back, pwetty pwease :blink:

Greetz,

Salem

Edited by Salem

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

Okie.. Harvesting starts at 100ms or so. For each level harvest you are takes 1ms off. Also having a limit possibly at whatever it was at before...

salem's formula is now much better, if i had paid more attention to maths i would have suggested it.

i would not mind too much if it was rounded up (takeing 2 seconds to mine dimonds)

if you really want to make it a little more dificult, you could multiply the time by a constant such as 1.5 to make it a little harder (but not too much)

Harvesting interval (in seconds) = [[(Recommended level + 1) + (Player Harvest Level + 2)/2] / (Player's Harvest level +1)]* harvesting constant (eg 1.5)

then round up to neerest.

Actually, I did consider Salem's formula at first, but I thought it made things too easy for the higher level harvesters. Ideally, a Harv 60 char should spend about 5 seconds on diamonds, not 1. But perhaps your time constant would work too, dns. It needs more fleshing out, though.

-Lyn-

Ok. I read about half of posts...not enought time to read through all. But I seriously doubt the wisdom of controling harvesting speed by server. making some adjustment according harvest lever is one thing, but limit the speed once in one second is not working. I use touch pad, and it takes greater mastle control to slow down tapping speed. That means more stress. I have been working to become a harvestor/manufacturer but now it seems I'll have to waste most of my time just waiting what the server pleases to do with harvesting. I may not call it a playing. Click once and sit back and watch ores come in my inventry? Of course I can do something else while my character is controled by the server, but would you call it a role playing? I do not think so.

You can do better things than trying to control what players can do within their limited time of access. How about adding more things to make such as bone knives (perhaps from bones and deer horn) which will give young manufacturers something to work with other than pricy leathers or metal bars, or leather shield from deer skins?

Trik no longer buys iron shields? Then iron shields may go the same way with leather products... Just rot in storage.

I agree that things need to be done to make more items in the game more usable, and after some work Trik may buy more items again, but not at the prices he had done before. But in order to that and not affect the price sin the store, he needs a rewrite.

Until that time or the harvesting changes stabilize reasonably well, he won't be buying those items.

For the next update, could you post what you propose two days or more before you apply it, this would allow discussion and probly less flames, as it allows everyone to calmly discuss the situation, evaluate the inpact, and determine how it will effect the economy.

how about testing updates on the testing server first, and tell us all to test it for you before you apply it, then we can discover the impacts before it is too late.

1. There was a poll at the top of this forum for several days.

2. All future updates are tested on the test server. Port 2001.

By the way, about all the suggestions involving adding more things to manufacturing, redressing the manu/alch/summon/whatever systems, complaints that this biases the game too much towards fighters...

It takes time to adjust everything. You can't expect the whole system to be overhauled immediately. One section/skill is being taken at a time. It just so happens that harvest/manu is first up. That doesn't mean that the fighters or other skills will avoid changes. It just means that they're on the to-do list for now, while the dev's sort out harvesting and manu delays first. And even then, the current delay to manu is just a temporary fix, to phase-in a more complicated system later.

-Lyn-

Hmmm theres an ideas just make a more aray of items... meaning just as an example since i am a fighter,,, serp does x amount of damage.. but a tit bow and arrow does same but you have to make the bows and arrows.. using the arrows u will have to spend more in game gp so does help economy... or say you have a teleport ring that can goto either wsc or narlick or votd and mac marsh.. make similar items so there is more to make and more for people to want instead of trying to tweak the most boring part of the game and lowest expiernce"Harvestin"

8 (this stands for secounds and what woudl be if you had level 0) --food level / 2 (well..since two negatives equal a postives, if your food level is below 0 and -10 for example, you woudl dived that by 2 and get 5, adding 5 secounds to your starter harvest time) - harvest level/5 (so if you had 30 harvest, you woudl get to subtract 6 secounds)

So in result you would be harvesting at 7 secounds per harvest...but lets say you had your food level above 0 and it woudl only be 2 secounds to harvest one thing. With this formula it gives an incintive for the begginer players to raise there levels and for the higher players to enjoy fast harvesting...but it also factors in your food level (you can't work on a empty stumach :P)

you wanna know the scary thing.....i understood that :P not the bottom tho (has been homeschooled for over a year and has lied and not looked at one book) ;)

:P Ok I like the idea of a auto harvest (nice) I can even deal with longer times to harvest. But the times we are at now are not going to work very well.

If this is done to stop macroing change things to a veriable timer.

If you have it changing at randum how can u macro with a clicker (the clicker would turn it off and on were it could be seen on the server side)

ideas to add auto mix for items of low food cost like fire essence or even for all essence making. Shuts off on need for food or if you click on anything or even eat it shuts off.

The idea in this change are sound but adjustments need to be made.

Even with the new adjustments it will take 1 hour to get ore to make 100 bars

hard to be a manu person for a guild without playing 24/7 with those times needed to get supplies

I have played El for a long time now. Willing to give it a chance and see how this playes out. but the fun seems to be going south!! I'm hoping it can all be turned around soon.