Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

Spelling And Grammar Errors

'This works only on NPcs'

Neither Spelling, or Grammar, but it is untrue and needs changing. This is the only trhead i could see it fitting under...Pointy fingers do not work on NPCs.

About the new harvestable turquoise:

when starting to harvest it, you get "You started to harvest Turqoise"

and when using the eye on it, you get "Turqoise" instead of the usual "You see turquoise"

In knowledge window (ctrl + k), there is "Jewlery Technology", I think good write is "Jewelery Technology".

the correct spelling is actually Jewelry (American spelling), or Jewellery (UK spelling) :)

Dunno if this means anything but when i did #list_guild it said Sorry, you can't list your guild's members, you need a privilege of at least 5.

Shouldnt that be Rank of atleast 5?

"That player didn't made an add_buddy request yet"

[15:14:27] That player didn't made an add_buddy request yet

Should be "that player didn't make an add_buddy request yet"

in many places i see "s/he", like imagine how unlucky s/he was"

but i also see "player want to add you to his buddy list" when i meet new lady players

no big deal just kinda awkward, it would be nice to change these messages based on the sex of the player, or make them gender neutral

Dan NPC in White Stone City [109, 694] say in first screen : "Weapon Contruction", good is "Weapon Construction".

Edited by Kabuya

About the server update with the food being storable. :D

It says in encyclopedia "fruit ect. cannot be stored"

shouldn't that note be deleted? :P

If you do a #set_guild_color <tag> <incorrect color>

(By incorect color I mean a word that is not a colour you can set a guild tag to)

The message you get is "Unkown color, the color for that guild was rest to default!"

It should be reset to default

Aeth Aelfan Storage. A place renowned for the dubious credo above the entrance: you choose it, we loose it.

---

1) It's lose, not loose. To clarify the distinction:

http://www.loseloose.com/

2) It should the credo should be in quotes, and at least the start of it should be capitalized.

Death message:

xxx is shacking hands with Sisyphus.

Should be shaking imo.

Piper

Still existing: mathielo is shacking hands with Sisyphus.

Piper

When you eye click "dung" you get the description including mentions of it can be used when extracting saltpeter but the official spelling on the actual item is saltpetre if I recall correctly (at least the book name is spelt that way). Both of these are the same in dictionary but well let's choose one and be consistent=)

in the options window, chat tab:

3 instances of "seperate" and 1 of "separate"... separate is the correct spelling..

I did a patch for this in berlios way back when, it was never included.. ah well, I suppose if I update it there may be a chance that it may be included this time round :rolleyes:

in the options window, chat tab:

3 instances of "seperate" and 1 of "separate"... separate is the correct spelling..

I did a patch for this in berlios way back when, it was never included.. ah well, I suppose if I update it there may be a chance that it may be included this time round :rolleyes:

Poke when it's done :)

*poke*

http://developer.berlios.de/patch/index.ph...p;group_id=1256

patch also corrects some instances in the config window where text is Sometimes Like This, and other times is Written like this. I defaulted to all Written Like This.

Edited by LabRat

Thanks, applied.

If it's not too much trouble, could you save the patch with Unix line endings next time?

todays #day descriptor (solar flares) says recommand instead of recommend... actually i've seen this mistake so often i wonder if it's an acceptable alternative in american english? not in english english in any case.

while i'm here i'll point out other mistakes in the #day descriptors, assuming the CEL website is up to date:

day of recycling - "the resource" should be "resources"

day of the brave - "so that" should be "that"

day of the dead - "respawn full health" would sound better as "respawn with full health" or at least commas should be put round "full health"

day of the print - "once you read a book" would sound better as "on beginning to read a book"

reduced harvesting events day - "triger" should be "trigger"

decreased rare manufacturing day - "a better product" should be "better products" OR "rate" should be changed to "chance". "manufacture related" should be "manufacturing-related". "your today's production of items" should be "your production of items today"

green day - "off" should be "of"

healing day - "everyone get" should be "everyone gets"

increased harvesting events day - "triger" should be "trigger"

increased rare manufacturing day - "a better product" should be "better products" OR "rate" should be changed to "chance". "manufacture related" should be "manufacturing-related". "you today's production of items" should be "your production of items today"

no drops day - "usually" should be "usual" or "as they usually do"

peace day - "eachother" should be "each other". "will will" should be "will we"

reconstruction day - "dissapear" (word occurs twice) should be "disappear"

scholars day - "cummulative" should be "cumulative". "al over" should be "all over"

solare flares - "solare" should be "solar"

on top of all that, a large number of them are missing full stops (do americans call full stops 'periods'?) at the end of the sentence.

hope this is helpful :)

When fighting with a staff of protection i get the message:

The_Piper got healed a little because of his/her armor!

Should be weapon IMO.

Piper