Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Harvesting Limit/hour (not Just Exp Limit)

Harvesting limit, yes or no?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Harvesting limit, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

The idea of infinite harvesting is kind of stupid, to be honest, A lot of people macro, or at least use autoclickers, which destroyes the economy, since infinite resources can come on the market.

So what if I adjust the limit to 200 harvestings/hour, but you will get full exp for those 200 harvests. After you reach the limit, you won't be able to harvest anymore.

I know a lot of you will say no, so if you vote no, give a GOOD reason.

I say no because what if you are making tons of essences and potions. Most of them need harvestable ingredients.

ok ent sow if i get this right u can harvest 200 ore for example per hour and get exp for it but after that u can't mine anything any more?

Our guild does massive joint projects where people spend 2-3 hours harvesting, and alching/manu or whatever this is. It would cripple and put an end to projects like this. The exp cap is bad enough. It is understandable though... But for instance last night I, alnog with 2 other guild members were harvesting iron ore for nearly 3 hours straight for a guild project. Is it fair to make it so we cannot do this anymore?

sorry 2 say entropy but i dont really get your plan here.... do you mean increasing the harv limit from 120 to 200 or? what are you meaning?

I am fine with the exp cap to how it is right now.

But eehm.. duuuuude...

Have you ever figured out how much fire essences it takes to actually make something useful ? (including the resources that also go into it ?)

if you cant harvest more than 200 items per hour, people wont be able to do diddly shit anymore and you -will- screw up your game so bad it isnt even funny anymore.

straight its not harvest limit...its AMOUNT OF things u can harvest per hour..like if u harvest 200 veggie without cape u CANT harvest again till next hour

I voted yes , there has to be a limit or people will just set and hav. full time and get unlimited fast exp.... i would like to see the limit go up from the 120 and 200 sounds fair to me...

Tigger

Our guild does massive joint projects where people spend 2-3 hours harvesting, and alching/manu or whatever this is. It would cripple and put an end to projects like this. The exp cap is bad enough. It is understandable though... But for instance last night I, alnog with 2 other guild members were harvesting iron ore for nearly 3 hours straight for a guild project. Is it fair to make it so we cannot do this anymore?

Sure it's fair, because it's not only your guild that does that, all the guilds do it. So from now on guilds and people should try to put more strategy in the game. Right now, no oen buys food from the stores, since they harvest fruits and vegies. All the mines should be depeleted 10 times by now. The idea of infinite resources is, well, not working, all the market is flooded.

I say no cause I have lot of things going on so when on I need gather lot resources want do at once. Also need resources so that can increased manu and crafting skill. Fact is that people macro mostlike well create more accounts so still do it over and over again. Why is it that so concerned overed few people that do it?

i don't understand why this poll has been made, or the direct purpose of it.

harvesting is perfectly fine how it is o.O

this is a great temporary solution but in the long run you will probably need a new way to gather resources...for example not using static map objects to harvest from but 'spawning' ore that can be harvested but has a set amount of given resource on it

ok i get your drift... NO thanx i dont like the idea...

Ok after rereading what you are saying here.... stopping hav. after 200 a hour is not good at all... would be very bad for us that make stuff a lot and play a lot of hours a day... i would guess a lot of people would quit playing if you did this.... so i would vote no and not my yes..lol... bad bad plan

Tigger

i don't understand why this poll has been made, or the direct purpose of it.

harvesting is perfectly fine how it is o.O

i perfectly agree with him oke i don't mind raising the exp per hour to 200 but if u are going to allow us to mine only 200 items per hour for exp and after that nothing else i am serieusly going to consider quiting.....

An overall limit would be devastaing in any attempt to create such things a fire essences or such.

I don't like the idea of an overall limit for reasons previously stated.

I think you just leave it the way it is.

If they will impose an overal limit, the game would be unplayable.