Eternal Lands Official Forums

I'm not sure if anyone else struggles with this, but I personally have always run into an issue where I start a research project and get my food level nice and filled up. Then, I start doing other tasks as I research (it's only efficient, you know?). Next thing I know, a significant amount of time has gone by, my food level's at -30, and my research project has been paused for the majority of the time.

My sales pitch is an (optional, of course) conditional alert, sound, and/or notification:

If the player has the alert enabled and if a research project is active and if the food level has reached level x (to be determined by devs? Maybe could be a custom setting for the player to choose?), then alert the player with a printed warning or maybe a sound alert.

For example, let's say I've enabled this alert option. I'm researching silver mining or something, and I'm under 100% complete on that research. My food level reaches a threshold that I set, could be anything under the max. Let's say 11. All conditions are met, so a little ding sound or chime is played, and bam, I suddenly remember to eat a hearty steak.

Sorry if I over explained this, I'm running on very little sleep :D

Thoughts? Would other people use this?

As food usage is at a constant rate - would it not be better to use the inbuilt timer.

I don't play with sound enabled - so no idea if it has an audible alert - but that seems a better way to achieve this

I didn't consider using a timer. That's definitely an option! I also saw Aislinn's thread on suggesting the food bar showing above the player which would also help too. Considering those two items, this idea can probably be scrapped.

The food bar above the player is available now but the catch is you have to be able to compile your own Linux client.

On 29/05/2023 at 9:47 AM, Aislinn said:

The food bar above the player is available now but the catch is you have to be able to compile your own Linux client.

She' runs arch in case she forgot to mention it :P