Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KoDdy

some changes

1) Mods should properly announce invasions - caps - locations or at least say the invasion is hidden, because this way, if you are not hanging at channel 6, u have half time no chance to figure out, what / where is happening. Also would be nice to return back to " MOON IS TURNING RED " as it used to be, otherwise why we have the sound alerts then? 

2) Offensive spells cooldown could be set AFTER casting the spell and using it, it would mean - no prepare MD + insta heal, no prepare harm and insta cast 2nd. That would deffinetly change meta in PVP and POSSIBLY more people would join, as also combat ( stats ) would matter, not only spam wards/ stones / double harm   ( mainly targeted for harm spell ) And would also remove macro set-up for double harm

3) set brownie cooldown @ 1s at least - would mean no more sniping FD for stones, and also would balance pvp so u won't snipe person who is maxed and dumb enough to take cotu with 20 a/d toon in less than second

Edited by KoDdy

Well, for MD training, now you do: cast (cooldown starts) and hit (usually straight after casting, if I'm not mistaken, so fraction of a second if you use keyboard shortcuts)

Under Koddy's proposal, if I understood it correctly it will be: cast and hit (cooldown starts).

So you shift the start of the cooldown by a fraction of a second.

Doesn't sound like it's terrible for training. It is a change in combat, which is the purpose...

As for the invasion messages, the announcements are broadcast, so not dependant on a channel. But it's not possible to give all that much information in one message,

and we're not supposed to overuse the broadcasts. That's why there is an invasion channel... And there should be  a delay between the broadcast adnd start of invasion.

That it's often not pleasant/easy to follow during invasions is due to the players themselves, (ab)using that channel for all chat.

But yeah, giving the details deemed relevant(*) just before the invasion starts (usually several minutes after the broadcast)  would be useful

(*: deemed relevant by the invasion mod! sometimes the game is to let the fighters search)

7 hours ago, dragon_killer said:

However 2) sounds terrible for md training. Also I don't think it'll change anything to pvp / pk

Hey D_K, it wasn't targeted mainly against MD training, but against mana drain itself, as you also can set up double harm, for ur key , you can cast harm (wait 1s or 2s in combat) and make the hot key play action click + cast harm + click, which means insta 400+ damage in 0.00001s or what time u set up. Also, as you know, nowadays pk is only about wards/summons/double harm, nothing more, nothing less, this would change the things a bit

5 hours ago, revi said:

Well, for MD training, now you do: cast (cooldown starts) and hit (usually straight after casting, if I'm not mistaken, so fraction of a second if you use keyboard shortcuts)

Under Koddy's proposal, if I understood it correctly it will be: cast and hit (cooldown starts).

So you shift the start of the cooldown by a fraction of a second.

Doesn't sound like it's terrible for training. It is a change in combat, which is the purpose...

Yes, you are right right, as i said earlier, mainly targeted for harm spell :)

5 hours ago, revi said:

As for the invasion messages, the announcements are broadcast, so not dependant on a channel. But it's not possible to give all that much information in one message,

and we're not supposed to overuse the broadcasts. That's why there is an invasion channel... And there should be  a delay between the broadcast adnd start of invasion.

That it's often not pleasant/easy to follow during invasions is due to the players themselves, (ab)using that channel for all chat.

But yeah, giving the details deemed relevant(*) just before the invasion starts (usually several minutes after the broadcast)  would be useful

(*: deemed relevant by the invasion mod! sometimes the game is to let the fighters search)

About the invasion, i was pointing out two things " The moon is turning red " a lot of players had set up alarm message , and would be nice, when mods take their time to do one ( appreciate that ) , the message could contain that phrase, because if you put only "INVASION" as alarm message... you are @ 6, so you know... 

Second thing, i was reffering about, would be nice, if there was at least announced either map / or hidden and not something between, and if there is cap , that's it. Channel thing is problem, if you are for example not here, or logged off and you use mercator to get the informations, about invasion, you get not much of that.

Yeah, well, about the mercator etc., that's a whole different kettle of fish. It's nice that that service exist, but I think it's up to

individual mods whether they want to take that into account. Given that it's probably mostly of interest for those who are not logged in...

If it's just a matter of setting up an alert for when you are in game, perhaps grab "#Message from"? That will also get you lottery

announcements, treasures and such, but most broadcasts are invasion related, I think.

Anyway, all that's a different kind of change, compared to the other two you gave. Those actually require server-side changes...

right, but only problem "#Message from" also counts the grue, had that one for a bit and it's really annoying if you park your char in storage :P

On 11/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, KoDdy said:

right, but only problem "#Message from" also counts the grue, had that one for a bit and it's really annoying if you park your char in storage :P

That can be worked around.