Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Skittles93

Character locked

Guest Skittles93

Hi I'm fairly new to this community I bought a character apparently there was controversy over from alduron I'm not sure of the issues I know I haven't done anything wrong I read the rules over and over.. can I please receive some help over this my character was Skittles93 before purchasing munnin for 750$. I can show Id proof of who I am if need be pictures video whatever is required and I can provide password used 

I like this game a fair amount I've played it on and off for a year now 

Seems you talked to Radu and Aislinn already in-game.

As I was the one locking Munnin, I can assure you I know who tried to log in on it.

In short, last login attempt came from a player who is permabanned, and not allowed access to any characters.

Given the history with that player, unban and unlocking of any of the characters involved are not under consideration.

Edited by revi

Guest Skittles

Hi ,

Yes revi sorry no offense was made and no sorry review he was not on it it's just an unfortunate event that that's who taught me how to play eternal lands and introduced me to the game last year... I did not know going around their ip ban would get me in trouble as I had never done anything wrong he was watching me play on occasions I told aislinn and radu about my issues. I had no clue who to message I've tried making a forums account several times it won't send me a verification code to my emails I don't know anything to do other than to offer proof ie: video chat ,I'd, or whatever else would be required I've read the rules over and over I didn't break a rule I just made a mistake I haven't played too long I didn't really think his gameplay would effect my own however lesson learned I shouldn't have to lose an account I bought from a person just because I know the person in real life and occasionally hand out I will not log in around him again I told aislinn and radu this I'm just trying to find a solution to where I don't lose my account over a huge misunderstanding I get that you guys hate this guy however I should not be punished and have my character locked when nothing was done on a character I owned he might've scammed whomever that's on him I really don't know what else to do I just know me losing 750$ out of no where is not fair 

Revi no offense was meant by going to other moderation I didn't know who to message as no one informed me of anything to do with my ban I even bought things from the shop after I bought the character was no issues just was told since he scammed character I can never name change it which was wierd as scamming is not against the rules however I let it go without an issue two weeks later to three here I am banned with no word or anything..... I've offered proof I'm not the GUY(I'm a female) and why is it no one will accept just proof? If I can provide proof I'm not him and I bought a character fairly why am I being punished?.. I am so frustrated and I hope no one takes my message the wrong way I just don't know what to do other than say if I make the mistake again then ban me however may I please get a warning it will not happen again he is not worth losing 750$ to me

Not mentioned is that WR scammed the munnin character which was against all of his conditions to be allowed back into EL (and yes he was very aware of those conditions).  So that was grounds for instant lock and ban of any and all characters he was associated with.  So even on the very off chance you are a third party that WR is using to get the character back, you paid WR for a character he never paid for.  Mind you, I don't believe this, but going along with your story for a brief moment. 

Guest Skittles

Alot of people type with run on sentencing? I don't want to argue or offend anyone .. yes I am now aware he didn't pay for the character. However aislinn I did. I am not getting the character back for him.

He will never play my character.

And idk what other form of proof you would like I know that he's a guy and I'm a girl so a video chat should clear our problem of mistaken identity. Then at least you can trust that I'm not him and I might stand a chance of getting my character back?

At the very least some more details could help supporting your story, such as when you bought the character...

22 minutes ago, Guest Skittles said:

I've offered proof I'm not the GUY(I'm a female) and why is it no one will accept just proof?

What proof? All I see is a long rambling text written in WhiteRhino's unique style...

And, do you play any other characters?

Edited by revi

Guest Skittles

I bought it about a month ago ,I bought from the shop the same day I bought the character.

Guest Skittles

I play skittles93 a newb I bought the munnin account to beat leveling at this point didn't work very well , I did play on a miles account for a week a year ago ish that's the only accounts I have been on.

Funny "you" bought the character from somebody you claim you don't trust at all and yet never changed the password. 

There is not a single thing in your tall tale that adds up. 

Guest Skittles

I just learned how to change a password honestly I didn't know how before I thought I had to pay for it I didn't know it was a #command until yesterday when reading the book thing I'm really sorry honestly it was a legit mistake I don't know much about El I just like the game I didn't even know scamming was a thing until after I bought this character and was harassed I own this character I'm willing to comply with changing my pass I'd prefer to honestly and I will gladly keep it away from him and his home and his family's home.

I'm sorry for the late reply I'm at work at the moment. I swear on my kids this is just a huge misunderstanding that can be corrected on my end and hopefully I can show you some form of sincerity that I am not whiterhino 

Actually, it doesn't matter whether you are Whiterhino or not:

you didn't change the password, so the "previous" owner still had access. And he used that access.

After his last scam he was banned (and he knew he wasn't allowed to scam, it was one of the conditions for his return in game).

According to rule 8 that means you basically do not have any rights to the character anymore:

8. Do Not Give Out Your Password.
Once you give your password out to anyone for any reason, even for the purpose of character sharing, you relinquish all rights to that character. Eternal Lands is not responsible for the return of your character or account, or for the actions of your character once you have disclosed your password. Characters that break the rules can and will be locked, regardless if "someone else" was on it.

I emphasized the most important parts.

That assumes you didn't know he used the Munnin character. If you did know, you broke rule 4 as well.

Of course, if you are Whiterhino, you are trying to get around a punishment (rule 4)...

But like Aislinn said, nothing in your tale adds up.

Edited by revi

Guest Skittles

I'm not him it was a mistake may I please have the opportunity to change my password and continue to play munnin please and if I make the mistake again then may you ban me? Surely there's another form of punishment for a mistake other than a permanent ban ? Please 

Guest Skittles

Was I logged in after his log in attempt? If so that shows for proof I'm the owner? Attempt means he was not successful?

Guest Skittles

And it said characters that break the rules the munnin character broke no rule while he attempted to log in to it ? Unless I'm mistaken? I understand that he isn't allowed on it I am more than willing to secure it better and bar him access to anything of mine electronic. I just spent too much for him to ruin it. It's what he does apparently ruin things I ask that you please not allow him to ruin my gameplay 

Guest Skittles

Well after discussing with him I kind of understand the immediate action. Would there be some other form of punishment I may receive from my ignorance I am really sorry I'm not here to cause problems. There has to be a way for me to correct my mistake?

• Guest Skittles
  • Guests

And it said characters that break

• Guest Skittles
  • Guests

Well after discussing with him

That was a quick discussion...

The more I see here, the more I'm getting the impression that the "Skittles93" character is actually owned by a banned player.

Banned permanently, meaning not allowed back in game. I'll have to ask someone with access to server logs to have a good look...

But that may take a while (not many have access to server logs, and they have other things to do, as well)

Guest Skittles

Like I said I started playing at his house on his computer he introduced me into the game I did log into it a couple of times on separate ips will never log on his up again please look hard please I don't know nd video chatting the moderation team for further proof of me being myself if it's possible 

Guest Skittles

Have we not ever dated someone and introduced them to the game well that was me introduced to the game?

Guest Skittles

I sent my id and SSN to radu via email as a reply to my shop purchase it will easily match the name of the card used for the purchase and everything if further proof is wanted I can easily video chat to kill all suspicions that I'm the guy called whiterhino I'm willing to accept punishment for making a mistake of my ignorance of some things and I'm willing to easily correct them I wish I would have done more research before buying the character however I did not I just figured buying from someone I know in person is more secure than buying one from someone from a different country I didn't realize I would receive such controversy at all since I was not involved in anything to do with him doing everything he has done I've played this whole time not an issue I don't even really chat with anyone I just mind my business harvest and mix a little and I was learning how to fight things I died quite a bit I was enjoying eternal lands on munnin though and I'd like to have it back if possible that we can work around this mix up

Guest Skittles

Plus as far as I understood Johnathan played on nagato after he sold me the character 

Guest Skittles

I was curious if more thoughts had been put in on unlocking my character? There has to be some other form of punishment for ignorance of some things? It's not my fault the rules don't say you can't play at a friend's house just in case they do something wrong in game..if they did i would not have done it. It's wierd to just have to accept being punished for someone's else's crimes. If there was a rule that stated don't buy scammed characters, as you risk being banned for their mistakes. That would have made me not buy munnin and I could have not had 750 ripped from me for no reason. I joined the game thinking I'd have fun, now this experience is very very frustrating. I just wish there was some understanding and open minds put into judging me.

I feel where you come from you hate the guy, at the moment I do to as I'm in this huge mess for no reason other than playing my character and being ignorant to a # command prompt? Most games have a change password option..plus the guy said he never even tried logging into it after he sold the character. So it was just me over at his house when my VPN failed that was all. That should not result in the moderation team assuming he is on munnin as it was me playing. I've sent my id, my SS card, pictures of myself and my kids and I have yet to be unlocked for a misunderstanding? Or talked to with kindness and fairness (other than my emails with radu).

It's normal to make mistakes I'm frustrated I'm not grudging towards any of the moderation team. I am simply frustrated and would like some fair help and understanding. I'm not after offending any players, or saying do not punish me for my ignorance.. I'm just asking a fair punishment for just making a simple mistake I didn't think the moderation team would act this way for me playing my character at his house I knew he scammed the character after all the pms I received.however I did not know he was permanently banned or locked. Other than him and a very selective few I don't communicate with people. I check forums usually never any post. There definitely wasn't one that said we are banning this character for us newer people who couldn't know his past.. as I said it was a mistake I don't see how I warranted a permanent lock on my account as it wasn't used to scam anyone or break any rules and even though I did not change the password he never did log onto it. So ownership never did change as revi said it would have cause before you guys so kindly posted it here and he read it he didn't even know the password was never changed...  So there's that as well. However I know now how to change my password and it will be done as soon as I have access to do so, or unless moderation team would be so nice as to change it and give me pw to rechane it.

He is not getting this character, he will never play on anything of mine to do with El. I just want to play my own game. Please assist me and work with me